Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Guys

I have been experiencing a problem with my BG1200; hoping someone could help figure out what is causing this, ANY help would be greatly appreciated. This problem started a couple of weeks ago as a blue band that appears when ever a white or light colored scene is displayed. The band starts at the top of the screen and sometimes rolls to the lower part of the screen. When the band appears, the rest of the display seems to lose contrast.

Lately, the blue band has been appearing more often and not just in light colored scenes. Im not sure if its just a coincidence, but three weeks ago I acquired a new HTPC case and migrated the components from the old case to the new. I cant think of anything in the HTPC that could cause this since all the components are exactly the same including the power supply.

\tI bought this projector last year, there has been a problem with the left side of the screen since day one were the first eight inches of the display is drooped (looks kind of like a waving flag????) never could seem to get rid of it. I rechecked the mechanical/physical setup up and it seems ok.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance, Scott

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Can you see it on the tubes faces? Is it one tube or all?

Do you see it with no input connected or another input? Test screens also?

Troy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Troy,

Thanks for your reply.

The band does appear on the face of all tubes.

I can't see the band in the test screen(genlock pattern).

As for "no input" I'm not sure how to check that one(dark tube face.)

I just noticed that only four rg6 cables are connected to the projector input,

the vertical input is not connected as far as I remember all five were connected not sure why only four are now. (I am using 5 and 95)

I have a Extron 109 plus connected also, when I connected the vertical

cable the projector would not sync.

I'm running powerstrip with a 1280x720-60hz res on a 92x52 screen.

The HTPC has all in wonder 7200. Also noticed that in the advanced powerstrip menu for this resolution that positive polarity is selected, is that the normal polarity for this resolution?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I meant with test pattern but no cable connected for input, so you would know if it was external noise.

Well with it on all tubes kind of rules out a neck card, which would be my first guess.

I get this kind of thing sometimes from grounding issues, or from multiple monitors interfering with eachother. As in now I have a 8 way vga amp driving three monitors and pj and also a sync converter out to a tv in another room. ( can you say rf interference?) It took a little work to straighten out noise and ground loops.

I really don't have a specific answer, but sounds like there is enough info here now for the barco folks to figure it out. Something between the input board and output amps, hows that for nailing it down. :)

Troy

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The problem is simple, it's a Barco!

Ok, ok, no beatings please. Can you feed a video signal into the projector from a DVD player alone? It could be (as stated above) ground loops, Hum from one component in your video chain, a bad capacitor somewhere in the projector, etc, etc.

Process of elimination is needed here. Eliminate your current source as suspect first, and see.

Marc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

Hooked up a 15" monitor and the bands appeared there also.

Turned out to be a faulty Extron 109+.

What a relief!

Now if I can only find what's causing the left side flag effect.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions,

Scott

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
The Extron probably has a bad filter cap in the power supply.

Curt

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have a radeon 7500 and have seen the flag wave as well. In my experience the Radeon card generates the flag effect depending on resolution and refresh rate. Try "standard" res/ref like 800X600 and see if the flag stops waiving. If it does, you will need to play with your settings a bit...

--Kieth

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil,

I described this as a flag wave for a better discription.

What I am seeing is a wave aprox. 8 inches wide and the hieght of the screen,(pull down screen material is a little wavey too, but thats not causing this) it is on the left side of the projection only.

I will connect a laptop to the projector and see if it helps.

Kieth suggested the Radeon card my be the problem.(thanks Kieth)

Thanks, Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.