AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been looking at the Toshiba Regza 52 XV 648U for a long time. However, apart from customer reviews on online retailers, I haven't really found much information about it. A search on AVS forums yields only 2 search results !!

Anyway, as far as I can tell, it is basically the same thing as XV645, the major difference being addition of a crystal coat giving a glossy screen. Any one here owns this model ?? Any opinions about the picture quality ? Any ideas, how does it look in comparison to TVs from other companies in the same tier. ( sony w5100, sharp aquos le77un, samsung lnb650 e.g.) Any thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out the review on the xv648 at televisioninfo.com.

Also, people are saying there is not much difference between the XV645 and XV648, but check out televisioninfo's review for the 645.

BIG difference in the reviews! XV648 did great overall and is recommended by them, but the XV645 was a "mixed bag", with many other options superior to it. I don't understand the reason for the huge gap in performance (see last page of each review, weighted scores are XV648 => 692 and XV645 => 610).

Anyone else out there care to chime in on the results?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts