AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a place to get a refurbed unit for around $950.

Since it's a secondary tv used for football weekend only, and not full time, as long as it looks good using an HD feed, either OTA via my D* receiver, or HD via D* itself, that's what I want. They also both have HDMI which I really wanted.

Any opinions on this tv?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the 4U version that I use as my computer monitor and regular TV (backed up by a front proj for movies). I think that the HD image is excellent. You do need to remember that this is a quite small screen and you need to be close to get the real benefit of the HD.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a secondary tv for my 60" LCD Projection, don't want it to be too big, but if I sit 1-12 feet back, is the 27" too small to view football on it?

Don't want the secondary lcd to be too big or it will make the 60" not look as big.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I've had the 26GA5U for two months now and use it for viewing in the dinette area wall mounted. We sit about 8 feet away and use the speakers on the TV. We do not use this TV for HT use. We're very happy w/ the pix and use HDMI and component inputs. It works nicely with both SD and HD programs. It is mounted in the corner of the room about 8 feet above the floor and mounted with a Peerless mount tipped slightly downward.

·
Registered
26 Posts
cygnus3978

as a secondary TV the size should'nt be a problem. I sit about 5ft from mine and HD football is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.