AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to find a product similar to the Beats Pill - smallish with a rechargable battery. Bluetooth would be cool but not totally necessary.

This will be mainly used for tailgating, picnics, the beach, etc. Something loud enough to hear with a crowd that won't distort.

"Brand name" products like the Pill and the Jawbone Jambox look really expensive for their size. I'm imagining these things sounding like a pair of cheap sub-less computer speakers.

Has anyone bought a similar product? I'd be willing to consider a more classic "boombox" style system too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My son was in the market for a portable speaker, did lots of of reading and ended up with a Bose Soundlink mini.

I know, Bose blows, but this thing is actually very good. Very small form, sound is quite exceptional for the size of it, bluetooth enabled and it also has a 3.5mm analog input. I think 7ish hours of playback. Gets great reviews anywhere I've looked. It's a little pricey at $199, but worth a listen if you can find somewhere to demo one.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I listened to some JBL's at the airport and was pleasantly surprised. There's 3 models, and I thought the bottom 2 sounded pretty good (the top-end one was too big and too expensive). Depending on the model, they have a speakerphone feature in addition to BT and USB operation. I forget their names, but they were like $50, $100, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts