AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to step into a more esoteric speaker design and have been trying to decide between Martin Logans and Magnepans. I came across the Monsoon's and can get the FPF-1000's for 400$ which is a steal from what I've seen. Only problem is I can't find any reviews, user opinions or anything on these. They won best of show CES2001 but since then not a word from anyone on them. Has anyone heard these speakers? Are they easier to setu-up then Logans or Magnpans? Those tend to be picky about placement. Any opinions?

·
Registered
404 Posts
monsoon went belly up a while back-saw some reviews or coments on them over at hd forum

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure? I've heard they are actually coming up with a new line to replace this one and the website for monsoon makes no mention of anything wrong.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I thought both S&V & Stereophile both had reviewed the Monsoon (may be a different model) a while back. Have you check the Stereophile website's archive?

PF

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm sure Stereophile has done a review over a year ago for there used to be (or still is) a Monsoon dealer Gifford, frequtently posts here and I actually pointed him to the review. Let me see what I can find out.

PF

·
Registered
799 Posts
Okay here you go. In October 2001's Stereophile Kalman Rubinson has a review on Monsoon Audio's FPF-1000 loudspeakers. Why in the world they don't put it in the archives I have no clue. Good luck.

PF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.