AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the different mounts out there. Specifically Peerless, Chief, and OMNI mounts. I havent seen much chatter when searching.

The Peerless looks to stick out the most when flat.

The Chief and OMNI look flatter when in the recessed position.

Any opinions or experience on the OMNI as compared to the Chief!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the Omnimount OM300F. It works fine.

One major difference with Omnimount and other mounts is that the Omnimount bolts to a single wall stud while most mounts bolt to two wall studs. This can be good or bad depending on your target room layout.

alex

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the articulating omnimount in my bedroom and I'm very happy with it. I originally went with the articulating one because I wanted to face it towards my treadmill ocassionally..... but the added benefit is that it makes my 42 inch seem like a 60 inch when I pull it towards the bed. Photos of the mount installed are here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=301118

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have one of my 42vp4's mounted with an omni mount flat wall mount.

it does sit out from the wall further than the standard NEC mount.

it does however give you some side to side and up/down , adjustment from where the mount is stuck on the wall...

Situation......

stud is slightly off centre on the wall I wanted the plasma on..

with the omnimount we stuck in on that one stud and when mounting the other half on the screen , just off-set it slightly and ... BINGO....

plasma is centred on the wall...

stu

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great OMNI pcitures from the other thread. I asked one mail order guy about it and he said the OMNI woundt handle the 50inch displays. Doesnt look like any body has any feedback there.

Any opinions on Premier vs Chief?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zalusky
Great OMNI pcitures from the other thread. I asked one mail order guy about it and he said the OMNI woundt handle the 50inch displays.
Either 50 inch displays are extremely heavy, or you got bad information. The omnimount cantilever is specified for 150 pounds. Their regular mount can hold up to 175.

EDIT - just did a quick check on a few models. 50 inch is no problem as most sets are around 100 lbs. The Pioneer 60 inch is 135 pounds so it can hold that one as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.