AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'll list my present equipment and the upgrades I'll be making one at a time after I get my speakers.

Infocus X1 projector to be upgraded to a 4805

2 year old JVC RX-6100 Dolby Digital 100 x 5 receiver to be upgraded to a Pioneer Elite 54TX

2 year old JVC XV-S40 interlaced DVD player to be upgraded to ???

The speakers I'm thinking of getting are:

JBL E60 floorstander fronts

JBL E50 bookshelf rears

JBL EC35 center

JBL E250P sub

The first question is would the $125.00 Dayton from Parts Express be the better sub?

Second question is how are the JBL's with a Pioneer receiver?I think I read that Klipsch speakers are a good match for a Pioneer but I'd rather get the JBL's.

The last question is do you think my selections would go well together?

Thanks in advance for any replies,Jerry

·
Registered
335 Posts
My setup is very similar to yours, but instead I have:

Fronts: E80's

Center: E35

Rear Center: Mirage AVS-100

Surround: Mirage AVS-SAT

Subs: 2x E250P

I am currently using this setup with a Pioneer VSX-1014 receiver and it provides ample sound for all my DVDs. The bass output of the E250P is pretty impressive as well.

I did have a rattling problem with the E250P - the sub's bottom port had a loose piece of plastic which would bang against the sub when it was turned up loud. A small piece of tape fixed this issue.

In anycase, I am overall very satisified with the JBL speakers. Not bad for the price.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've got the following;

E60s Fr

ncenterII (eq to the EC35)

E30s Rr

Velo CHT8 Sub

I think your choices for speakers will work well together (although I have no experience with the sub). I've been very happy with my set-up (especially for the price). Enjoy...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question.

Of the following 3 choices which do you think would be best?

The JBL E250P

A pair of the Dayton's

A Velodyne CHT10 or 12

If you have any other ideas feel free to mention them.

Oh and I'm also thinking of stepping the E60's up to E80's if that will make a difference.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Those are some tough questions. Concerning the sub, you should read the volumes of threads related to low cost subs. I like my velo, but I have read many good reviews about the Dayton's. I haven't heard the JBL, but they are not know for their sub performance.

As for the E80s, I would spend as much of the budget as possible on speakers as you can. Your receiver will appreciate the upgrade. With a quick look, the Fr L/R and Sub would be worth an upgrade. The Ctr and Surrounds look good (IMO).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK,I think I'm getting it narrowed down now.How about this?

JBL E80 floorstander fronts

JBL E50 bookshelf rears

JBL EC35 center

SVS 20-39 PCi sub

Pioneer Elite 54TX receiver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.