AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been holding of until these small cube barebones supported AGP and this ne says it does! Anyone have one of these yet?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/svcompucycle_1692_1797378

Quick Specs:

VIA P4M266 chipset

Winbond W83627HF LPC controller

Supports Intel Socket 478

- Pentium 4 processors: (1.4GHz ~ 2.4GHz)

Support 2x 184-pin DDR200/266 SDRAM up to 2GB

Onboard S3 ProSavage8 DDR 2D/3D graphics

- 4 to 32MB frame buffer using system memory

- VT1621 TV Encoder, TV-out supported, S-Video port and composite TV-out

Onboard IR port

Onboard Realtek 10/100 Fast Ethernet

Onboard USB 2.0 interface (4 ports)

Onboard AC'97 v2.2 audio ports

Supports ATA/133 ATA-6 IDE interface

Dimensions:

9.5"(H) x 8.3"(W) x 12"(D)

Drive Bays:

Open 5.25", open 3.5", hidden 3.5"

Power Supply: 150W (115v ~ 240v) - Aluminum Construction

PCI Slot: 1 (PCI 2.2)

AGP Slot: 1 (4XAGP)

CPU: Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4

FSB: 400Mhz Quad-pumped

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very cute!

However, I firmly believe that all A/V equipment, including HTPCs, should be hidden from view. Yes, it's impressive to show off your boxes to visiting fellow av-o-philes, but doing so when opening a sliding closet door is that much more impressive.

Go rackmount.

As they say, "Anything else is just a temporary solution."

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I personally feel the should drop the flopy drive bay and make it hidden. Other than thats they're a rather nice case.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, lose the floppy bay!

My main attraction to this particualar case is size.

With the addition of 4X AGP support I think with a Geforce3 TI200, an overclocked P4 1.6A and a decent sound card this case would be an excellent gamer and a nice conversation piece, not to mention taking up less than 1sq/ft of space:)

BUT....They need to figure out how to beef up the underpowered power supply though!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo
I agree, lose the floppy bay!

I say keep the floppy bay! But install a card reader and use SD-media for OS and application... and lose the hard drive for less noise and heat :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
You don't need to completely get rid of the floppy drive, but there's no reason why it should be on the front of the case. I've got several rackmounted network components here at work that have slots on the back. I've never used those slots, so I don't care that they're on the back, but if I ever DID need them...

I'd rather see a second 5.25" slot for a VFD on the front.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have a Shuttle SV25 that I just got installed this weekend. I got it at www.newegg.com. You can go there and do a search on "flex atx" to see all the ones they have available. It's the same style. I'm sort of using it as an HTPC, but mostly it is just extra storage for my ReplayTV 4040. Right now I have it sitting on my 50" RPTV with everything else.

It was the easiest pc I ever put together, cosidering the motherboard is already mounted and they plugged in all the leds. Just put in the cpu, ram hard drive and dvd drive, no jumpers or dip switches. The Shuttle only has a pci slot, no agp. Built in video, sound (no digital out), firewire, usb 1.1.

Other than storing mpgs I will probably play an occasional game and play mp3s on it. The tv-out has no under/overscan control, so there is a black border. I don't plan on watching a dvd on it unless I can get it to fill the screen. Great little machine though. I recommend it for anyone looking for a pc to do be pretty much dedicated to one task.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.