Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any owners of this new series from Hitachi

care to comment about PQ, stretch modes

reliability,etc.... The 46F500 looks like a good

size for my viewing area...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy the Sony 46WT500 or wait for the Toshiba on ein July. The stretch modes on Hitachi sets are brutal. I work in retail electronics and I own a SONY 46WT500 and love it. I will admit that Hitachi sets may be just a touch crisper but the "F" series is not as nice as the UWX and SWX series.

Kryspy

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

On Hitachi units, keep an eye out for the solarization/pasty colour problem that many units suffer from.

Regards

·
Registered
556 Posts
Brutal may be a little harsh. Toshiba's stretch modes are better, the Hitachi's are decent but definately not brutal. I've heard from some salesmen to stay away from the new Toshiba's coming out this summer. And I was until recently a Toshiba man. (I own two of their direct view sets and dvd players.)

I myself have decided on the 51F500 myself. I know the picture's not quite as good as the SWX's or new S500's I'm sure will be. But at almost $1000 less (here in Canada anyways) I personally don't mind paying less for something that's 98% as good. Besides I don't really want to sink a ton of money into technology that's on it's way out anyway. I'm sure once they work out the few niggling problems, black level, price etc. Some sort of chip based display/flat panel or something will become the norm in a few years. But not CRT based RPTV's

J.R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.