AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes!

Bought mine at Costco last weekend the day it arrived in the store. I had been shopping for a TV and was going to pull the trigger on the 2D version of this set due to the strong review and great price tag.

I kept delaying until I finally made the call on a Sony. Had buyer's remorse, returned it the next day, and saw this TV. It's absolutely glorious and I think worth every penny I paid for it. (I notice AVS Forum discourages price talk but I paid what you quoted as the price above.)

Only negative so far? Vizio hasn't released the 3D glasses yet.

Costco and Amazon have them in their systems but no expected date (Costco thought they would be there a week ago). But I swear that Star Trek on BluRay looks ALMOST 3D as it is with this TV. It's just the sharpest picture I've ever seen with excellent black levels. After turning off some of those manufacturer color settings (e.g., Rich Color), you really get a great picture.

Couldn't be happier with my choice.

I hope there is an official owner's thread soon so we can all compare picture settings.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm actually about in the same boat as TomRyan. I've been eyeing the 2D version (XVT473SV) for a copule weeks now, as it's the only local dimming LED LCD I've found in my pricerange. Not many out there in general. I've been very impressed with it's picture and featureset.

So I just noticed the XVT3D474SV at Costco and am really impressed by it. I was not expecting the 3D to look as good as it did. Not something terribly important to me, but having it in the future seemed worthwhile given the small price difference with the current sale.

Here's the one thing that gave me pause. While it's got a higher refresh rate and the added bonus of 3D, it has a glossy screen, whereas the 2D version is matte. This is something marketers never talk about, but I've noticed most current TVs have very reflective screens that are annoying when you have a lot of windows or watch with lights on.

I'm not sure if it's more conducive to 3D to have the reflective finish or what. Anyone with this TV (looking at you TomRyan) have comments on the reflectivity? Is it particularly annoying with darker material, or is it not very noticeable?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmm is this display not popular? In my decision making process I seem to keep coming back to the Vizio. affeking you bring up a goo subject with regard to the reflectivity of the screen. In my setup it will be in a high light environment. Glare will be a deal breaker for me. I may just have to pick this thing up at Costco in case I have to return it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts