AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone that was at CES heard anything from Parasound regarding a possible upgrade to their NC 7100 or Halo series for HDMI + audio. I know that their switcher came out some time ago, but still nothing as far as inputs go on the pre/pros. It is still listed as a feature on Parasound's webpage, but the wait is killing me...I guess I am asking do I hold onto my Parasound or sell off an buy an Anthem AVM 40?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I emailed Parasound about whether there was any chance the C2 will see hdmi 1.3 for the upgrade slot. I was given a number and contact to call, but haven't got around to calling yet.

You could go with a Zhd for hdmi switching, and use something like a Zektor HDS4.1 switcher for high resolution analog, if your sources have these outputs. The Zektor is even remotely controllable and they have just announced a 7.1 switcher.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post. I had been using the exact combination of a Zektor + Zhd, but it is getting too much....the WAF is way, WAY too low with the amount of 'rigging'....I am going to have to sell soon unless something intergrated is soon announced.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Parasound announced the JC2 stereo preamp, no announement of onboard HDMI upgrade for Halo processors. They along with smart companies like Bryston will not do HDMI until 1.3 is readily available, and Im not talking about Denon-quality.

You can sell your Parasound and buy the Anthem, but the Anthem will probably overheat and break in a year or so. I would never buy from a company who releases defective products for beta-testing in the consumer market. Plus the Parasound sounds better.

I can definately feel you anxiety though, because Ive been waiting on an official stance for some time. As the saying goes Good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
185 Posts
HDMI 1.3 is starting to mature. I hope to see an HDMI 1.3b solution for the expansion port of the C1/C2 in 2008. I know [email protected] is concerned about handshaking issues and specification maturity, but we are seeing a sharp growth in the amount of source equipment that supports 1.3. It's getting a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
30,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hays0023 /forum/post/9476911

Thanks for the post. I had been using the exact combination of a Zektor + Zhd, but it is getting too much....the WAF is way, WAY too low with the amount of 'rigging'....I am going to have to sell soon unless something intergrated is soon announced.

The Zektor HD7.1 replaces both.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralniv /forum/post/12376753

HDMI 1.3 is starting to mature. I hope to see an HDMI 1.3b solution for the expansion port of the C1/C2 in 2008. I know [email protected] is concerned about handshaking issues and specification maturity, but we are seeing a sharp growth in the amount of source equipment that supports 1.3. It's getting a bit frustrating.

Most of the highend hasn't even graduated to HDMI 1.1 let alone 1.3 they are so behind the curve. They wan't you to spend thousands on their analog curcuitry, because they simply lack the R&D for keeping up on the digital circuits the mass market drives. Yes HDMI is a moving target, and it seems these guys are ran out of ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.