AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sony VPL-HS2 which I am generally very pleased with indeed. However, the thing really annoying, is the lack of gradual picture zoom. This is, as far as I know, unfortunately a general problem with TV-s and PJ-s, isn't it?

My worst nightmare is due to some (actually quite many in my collection) non-anamorphic DVD-s with a letterbox ratio ca 1.6:1. When you zoom it in, you loose considerable amount of picture (which constitutes a real problem when a director happens to be a composition-aesthetical freak). When you see the picture small, one's heart bleeds for all the pixels left unused. First I tried to use the 'subtitle' setting, which allows some gradual squeezing, but then suddenly came a scene, where somebody's feet were a little too short and crooked... Real nightmare in a word.

Now, why in a world does it have to be so? Is it technically so difficult to allow some gradual picture zoom? Or are there some other reasons? I could somewhat understand, if a cheap telly had those fixed idiot-settings, but an expensive thing like PJ!? I really feel myself somewhat underestimated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have noticed this too, I would like have some advanced "tab" in PJ & TV settings that would reveal more and more settings. For PJ's it would be very nice to see freedom in color adjustment department, like can be seen in image editing software, color curve etc.

My last TV included free zoom, but lacked a picture positioning :) subtitles were never on optimal place in those letterboxed TV films.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.