AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone. I spent the last two days reconfiguring my media room, including painting the walls. I chose a dark black gray, and even painted the wall plates as well. The color looks great with the lights on, and the picture looks amazing with the lights off.

now I think I want to paint the ceiling. However I don't want to go with the same color that is on the walls. Instead I'm thinking of a lighter shade of gray, perhaps two shades up from the wall color I chose on the paint chip. If the wall color is considered a medium/dark, then the ceiling color would be a light/medium. That said, is there any advantage to painting the ceiling that color versus leaving it in the traditional near- white?

·
Registered
663 Posts
most theater aficionados paint the ceiling a darker color than the walls to help it disappear when the lights are down, but, to each their own.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense. I'm just not sure how that would look with the lights ON. I don't particularly enjoy painting, but do you think it would be an improvement over white?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts