Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity have there been any positive experiences since the

move to India? I know in general posts on avs will be skewed to

the negative, but it seems recent posts seem to be universally

negative.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Indian support deactivated my monthly service on a 5040 I returned without any problems except, he had a difficult time understanding me at first. Once the tech understood what I wanted, it went without a hitch. So yeah, I guess I had a positive experience with the new support in India.

Stan

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So only 1 positive experience with so many members? And that

was part of returning 5040 :(

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I was positively hung up on. She was positively not able to help me with my activation problem and said she would have to go ask somebody else for help and was going to put me on hold. The next sound I heard was her hanging up on me. I guess I was suppose to believe I was accidentally disconnected. I bet she logged the call as resolved. Of course she did not call back even though she had my name and number.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How many more jobs did the move result in an increase of the US's unemployment rolls? I wonder how the newly unemployed feel about it.

Dave W.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No postivie experience from me.... I was on hold for over twenty minutes ... then it sounded like it was ringing through to an extension, someone picked up the phone and hung up again quickly.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
So only 1 positive experience with so many members?
Remember that not many of us ever call support... so your post isn't actually garnering a good roundup of support calls to poll.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Remember that not many of us ever call support... so your post isn't actually garnering a good roundup of support calls to poll.
I did a search for "call support" and it came back with 598 entries.

I would think at least the new 5xxx owners would be calling in for

activation, and some folks call in for RMA, noisy fan, skipping playback,

guide problems, reboot of death, network problems, etc.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
598 out of all the posts in here ever. Take a look at the forum index for the total number of posts (108454 last I checked). Divide 598 by that.

Less than 1% of the posts here have to do with calling support.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
# total posts != # of members

Anyway I don't see the point in arguing whether people on

this board call support or not.

I saw quite a few negative posts on very recent threads

regarding the experiences after the move to India. Just

wanted to see if there were any other experiences out

there. It really is just an innocent question.

I will take everything with a grain of salt and completely

realize this is not a valid statistical sampling, but even so

I really expected more than one positive response.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
598 out of all the posts in here ever. Take a look at the forum index for the total number of posts (108454 last I checked). Divide 598 by that.

Less than 1% of the posts here have to do with calling support.
But the KenL is responsible for 3.4% of all the posts (3690 as of last count.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
# total posts != # of members

Anyway I don't see the point in arguing whether people on

this board call support or not...
Hey then what's the point of this board? Free tech support? :D

Trouble is every one of those "activation, RMA, noisy fan, skipping playback, guide problems, reboot of death, network problems, etc." are all nasties. Who ever calls tech support in a good mood?

It's usually more about handholding, and babysitting. If something gets done during one of these calls, great. I generally don't find random tech support very productive. And I sure don't want to give it either... don't want to be obligated talk to people with those attitudes.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Actually, I've noticed that the negative posts tend to be multiples of posts by the same people.

For example, a few months back there was a poster who created their account simply to say that SB sucks and why.

He posted over 22 posts in the next three weeks all about why SB support was the worst of any company ever.

22 out of 598 all by the same person. Even in the recent threads, there have been multiple complaints that have been by the same people about the same incident.

The problem here is: the people who are upset like to complain and complain and complain, as is their right. The people who are happy tend to be quiet because they have nothing to complain about.

So, if you assume there are at least 3 posts by the same person for each complaint, divide that into 598, and that's roughly 200 users (and I'm being generous.) There's 50,000 users of AVS (yes, I know they aren't all in the Replay board, but its the most popular forum on here.) Lets say 10,000 of those people have never even glanced at the Replay section, and go for 40,000 users. 200 users out of 40,000 is still less than 1%.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Then there was that annoying woman who kept complaining about her connectivity and freezing video problems...

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
So, if you assume there are at least 3 posts by the same person for each complaint, divide that into 598, and that's roughly 200 users (and I'm being generous.) There's 50,000 users of AVS (yes, I know they aren't all in the Replay board, but its the most popular forum on here.) Lets say 10,000 of those people have never even glanced at the Replay section, and go for 40,000 users. 200 users out of 40,000 is still less than 1%.
I guess with my limited schooling I wasn't able to apply such an

accurate scientific analysis :) I still haven't gotten past counting

on one hand so 1-5 positive experiences is all I can handle :)

I didn't know that 80% of AVS forum users have the potential

need to call Replay support; I think Replay is doing much better

than they are letting on :)

And while we're on the topic, let's not forget that guy, what's his

name, that kept insisting more than one member of AVS should

have a positive support experience. Boy was he crazy, and did

he ever keep that thread going forever :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well, you can really count to 31 on one hand. 63 if you use your wrist. 4 and 5 are particularly entertaining.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tried to call support a few times. Once i was on hold for an hour and a half before being disconnected. The next time, I was on an hour before being disconnected. I didn't even have the pleasure of being told that they couldn't help me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am positively positive that my experience was positively negative.. Is that positive?and I am also positive that it doesent take a computer 1 hour and 15 minutes to spit out a 6 digit number (which is also a positive number)... So I guess I could reply that I did have a positive experience (hey the RMA number was not a negative number, it was a positive number) and that Replay TV positivly did us an injustice by sending Tech Support to India. Sorry I'm being so negative...

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I think it'd be fair to reserve judgement on this for a few weeks until they get accustomed to the calls. Other than activation problems, it's likely that we can be as helpful as tech support anyhow

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.