AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any good Pre/Pro's with a good implementation of OSD on the Component Out? I have seen negative feedback in this area on both the Denon 5803 and the Lexicon MC-12. Has any manufacturer implemented this decently?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
OSD?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Negative on the way the 5803 implements component OSD?

Can't imagine that. The 5803 component OSD display is the best I've ever used. The MC-12 on the other hand, not all that........ at least when I can get it to work at all. I'm still a new-comer to the MC-12 so maybe I'll get a grip on it's component OSD sooner or later.

Regards,

dc

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been told that Bel Canto's PrePro will do this also.

Arcam (prevously mentioned)

Most DON'T.

This is a cool feature, but I am not sure I would make this my make or break feature. Usually in time your scaler or outboard matrix switcher assumes this task and not the PrePro.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I'm relatively new to the MC12, and it took a bit of learning for me to get the component OSD to work properly.

The limitation is that only certain info. is available via the component OSD, although you can access all the menus if you choose to interrupt (the entire screen goes blue for the menu) whatever source you're watching.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps I've been misinformed on the Denon 5803 and the MC12. Could someone summarize for me what information is available on the OSD of each while simultaneously watching a source? I'm particularly interested in a bargraph for sound level, muting indication, input selection and "sleep" functionality (if available.)

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
It would be easier, IMHO, to simply feed your video sources into a video processor, and then do the same for the composite/s-video monitor-out of the pre-pro and have the external video processor handle the conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
The MC-12 will show the volume being increased/decreased w/the source still on. All other info. requires interrupting the source.

·
Registered
143 Posts
From what I'm told the new TAG AV192 will also do this.

Regards,

AGN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.