AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing the M22ti for fronts and VP100 center to go along with my HSU STF-2 sub. I am also looking at new receivers and was considering the Yam 1400/2400, Denon 3805 and H/K 630. Am I going to have any problems driving the M22ti (and later M60tis) with the Yamaha receivers?

I would not think so since they are 8ohm, but not sure of their power requirements. Anyone with this setup want to give impressions?

My sound stage is medium with a sitting distance of 10ft.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not sure of the sensitivity rating on Axiom's but if the models you are looking at are 8 ohm and your distance is only 10 ft then I wouldn't worry about power with any of these receivers.

I have a Yamaha RX-V2400 in a room that's 15' wide and 20' long with 10' ceilings and the Yamaha has no trouble power my Polk's to reference levels.

Just to inform you I also demoed the HK 525 (similar in power to HK 630) and the Denon 3803 (similar in power to 3805) as well as the Pioneer Elite 53tx and found that the Yamaha provided more power than either of those models. The difference in power was even more pronounced driving a full complement of Polk LSi 4 ohm speakers.

To be honest with you I don't think you'll have any problem driving 8 ohm speakers with any of these receivers. I would also imagine you wouldn't have trouble with any of these receivers even with 4 ohm speakers as long as they are relatively sensitive since your listening area is relatively small.

audioholics.com did a review of the Yamaha RX-V2400 in which they ran a full complement of 4 ohm speakers with relatively low sensitivity ratings and the Yamaha was found to be very capable, check the review for yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.