AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a second PV-HS2000 from CC a few weeks ago. I was filling out the $100 rebate form to send in when I noticed the limitations. It states there is only one rebate per person, per customer, per address, per household. Has anyone had a problem getting a second rebate?

I think it's self-defeating to have an offer designed to generate business, but then limit it's application. It shouldn't matter how many units I buy for the offer to be valid (resellers excluded of course). If they want to limit how many rebates they give, then limit the time available for the offer. Instead, they keep extending the offer. Just my 2 cents.

-mitch

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Live with it or get a friend or family member in a different house to submit it for you.

Panasonic has a perfect right to limit the money they give back to you when you buy products from them. Its nice that the rebate exists at all.

They probably have extended the rebate program because they found it was extending the reach of their market which is likely increasing depth as well. Simply put, many people once they have one Replay will likely want a second. Several months back I read an article that indicated ReplayTV was losing money on each unit sold. If Panny loses some money on each unit sold at full price with the rebate with the intention of capturing market share, then it is reasonable that they try to make a little profit on the second unit sold to the same family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am interpretting things differently.

I submitted the rebate with a Showstopper I bought in the September timeframe when the expiration date was Sept 30th.

They then came out with another rebate effective October 1. I bought another Showstopper and will submit the rebate on THAT offer.

To my way of thinking, I am only getting one rebate from EACH rebate period.

Does anyone else think this sounds reasonable? I haven't heard back from Panasonic yet, guess I might be in for a rude awakening.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I did this with Maxtor drives/CompUSA rebates and they didn't give me any grief. The merchandise was the same but the rebates were effective on different date ranges.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have purchased 4 Showstoppers. Was denied a rebate on the second one. Have had #3 and #4 rebates sent to my mother and brother's houses. They not seen them yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I spoke to the folks at Panasonic about this a couple of weeks ago. Even though the time frame on the new rebate starts on October 1, they consider it an extension of the original rebate. They say that they will not honor a second rebate.

Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.