AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
how many of these threads are you going to start?

search is your friend...

clicky

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Make sure the dual will work the way you want it to.

The dual HDMI outputs are one or the other with no real easy way to switch them.

Or at leats on my Marantz AVR that is the way it is.

HDCP does not really allow two active HDCP monitor outputs from one HDCP source device.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER
Make sure the dual will work the way you want it to.

The dual HDMI outputs are one or the other with no real easy way to switch them.

Or at leats on my Marantz AVR that is the way it is.

HDCP does not really allow two active HDCP monitor outputs from one HDCP source device.
JD, Does the Marantz claim to have "simultaneous" out? What kind of problems are you seeing when outputting to two screens?

·
Registered
203 Posts
On my Pioneer VSX-9140, you can select "HDMI OUT 1", "HDMI OUT 2" or "HDMI OUT ALL" by using the HMDI OUT button on the remote. The manual notes that only HDMI OUT 1 supports KURO LINK (HMDI control).

If you are using both HDMI-outs, they will both show the same thing at the same resolution (no Zone 2 HDMI -- Zones 2 and 3 are analog-only).

The 9140 is from 2009 (and therefore doesn't support 3D), but it might be possible to still find one on clearance. I believe the 2010 version of that receiver is the VSX-33. Also, the VSX-23 is almost exactly the same as the VSX-9140, if you can find one of those instead.

VSX-9140 (2009) http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...X-9140TXH.Shop

VSX-23 (2009) http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...VSX-23TXH.Kuro

VSX-33 (2010) http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ci.VSX-33.Kuro

EDIT: Note that the VSX-23 and VSX-33 are Elite models and not usually available in the major box stores. However, it looks at least one of those box stores in Canada is selling a VSX-1325 that appears very similar to the VSX-33 and appears to share a manual with the VSX-1125 (box store version of the VSX-1120). I guess the VSX-1325 is the 2010 replacement for the VSX-9140? Has anyone seen a non-box-store VSX-1320 model?

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19616167

I am thinking he really means an AVR.....

no.. I have a power amp 5 channel I could use on my current AVR with the pre inputs.

The sound of a current reciever for 1000$ is less than what you got 4 years ago for the same money... with regards to amplifier.

Any Hk, Denon, Yammy, for $1000 today has much more circuits and video switching and much less spent on the internal amps

·
Registered
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick /forum/post/19625721

no.. I have a power amp 5 channel I could use on my current AVR with the pre inputs.

The sound of a current reciever for 1000$ is less than what you got 4 years ago for the same money... with regards to amplifier.

Any Hk, Denon, Yammy, for $1000 today has much more circuits and video switching and much less spent on the internal amps

Integra has or at leats had some nice pre / pro's for around $1K.

dedicated pre-amp / processors are not considered $1K price territory at all.

So in short, you are still better of with an AVR. Nice you have to power amp already so you don't have to worry about the amp's in any given AVR.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud2 /forum/post/19623903

Sorry ccotenj, didn't click your Clicky.

Holy ****, 10,886 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/19625482

you may not have noticed but that only puts him in FOURTH place on this thread

DAMN YOU KAL!!

yes, a long path is yet to travelled before i become a full jedi knight of avs...

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick /forum/post/19625721

And just what does this have to do using an AVR instead of a pre-pro if you are not going to be using the AVR's amps? I doubt the sound would be that much more noticeable using an AVR instead. You could always get the Emotiva UMC-1 for your budget. If not that then you are going to have to buy used. Contact ccotenj and see if he still has that 80.2 he was selling. That will do what you want easily. Also that Yamaha 3900 mentioned above will work. If you are totally against an AVR contact the above mentioned member and work out a deal with him. With the 80.2 you will have the latest and one of the very best with the money you have budgeted for this "upgrade".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts