AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I have a Sanyo Z5 which I bought a few months ago. I've just been using the presets in my light controlled theater and the picture looks pretty good but I want to get the best image I can. I bought the DVE Blu-ray and really have a hard time understanding what the guy is trying to say in regards to all the test patterns. My present bulb in the Z5 is about 3200 hours but the image I think still looks good. I have a brand new sealed bulb which I haven't installed yet, awaiting the existing one to burn out (the light has been on to replace the bulb since I bought the PJ used a few months ago). I'd like to know if there is anyone in the LV Valley of PA (Allentown area) who would like to stop by my place and do a quick calibration of my Z5 using the DVE disc or other calibration disc for a fee of course that is reasonable. I don't wanna spend big bucks getting an ISF calibrator in since I may upgrade to a 1080p PJ next year anyways. Its just that I don't really know if the Z5 is "way" off or has a decent picture. Also, not sure if I should just put the new bulb in if I know I will definitely have A REALLY BETTER picture than I have right now, or just wait till it burns out. Any response and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanx.

Dave

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Greetings,

Contact Kevin Miller, Eliab Alvarez de la Campa, Eric Hedin, Jeff Meier, Chad Billheimer, Kevin McKee and Gregg Loewen.

Check this LIST for their contact info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.