AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a TiVo for quite some time and just purchased a Samsung 32" Dynaflat HDTV and will have it in a few days and was wondering if there are any other PVR users here who own HDTV's also? If so, what kind of picture do you actually get and will I ever be able to watch an HDTV broadcast? Basically I got the new TV because of X Box and my DVD's anyway so it's no biggie but I'm interested in watching any HDTV programming also.

------------------

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - - Albert Einstein

TiVo 2.0.1

·
Registered
209 Posts
yup, i own a sony 61HS10, a mits STB, a skyworth prog DVD, and have 2 tivos. in all honesty, i still use the tivo 10 times more than the DVD player, and that 10 times more than the HD/STB, but that may all change if i can get satellite line of sight tomorrow when a friend comes over to help me test on my porch.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I gave the Replay unit to the kids. Once you see HD you never want to watch anything else!

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Quote:
If so, what kind of picture do you actually get and will I ever be able to watch an HDTV broadcast?
I am not sure what you mean by this. TiVo and HDTV are two different things. If you are asking if TiVo does HDTV, then no. If you are asking if it will someday do HDTV, then probably yes.

As for picture quality, it varies from just as good as the input to quite bad depending on the recording quality settings. DirecTiVo's picture quality is identical to any DirecTV receiver.

I have two TiVo's -- an off-the-air model and a DirecTiVo. In addition, I have a computer with a Hipix card that acts as my HDTV PVR.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP; Boycott JVC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.