AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any experience using this model. They was some talk a few months ago that the pj with its 1365x1024 panels could not be made to 'go native'. I have an opportunity to get one of these for a very good price, but I'm only prepared to go through with the deal if I still have the performance and flexibility in setup/calibration offered by the GXX series.

Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
You are in luck.

The M2000 is really a G20 with a different lens. All of the D-ILAs have the same 1365x1024 resolution, and they can all be run with the " Perfect Timings ". In that regard, this projector is no different from the "G" models.

By the way, as far as I know, none of the D-ILAs are 1280x1024 (normal SXGA). They are all "wide" SXGA, and everything you read about one model will apply to the others as far as custom resolutions and perfect timings.

There are a few members here with the M2000, so you might get one of them to post. If not, you should be mainly focused on the optics, as that is going to be the part that makes this different from the "G" series.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The M2000 is a G20 with optional interchangeable lenses! The other major difference is that it utilizes completely different software and firmware. The new firmware utilizes a completely revised method of calibration (so new in fact that JVC hasn't even finalized the procedure for it yet) which now includes zone shading. The zone shading function will make a significant improvement in flat-field uniformity of the LCOS panels. The existing software for the G11,G15, G20 series projectors will not work with the new projector models.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Is this zone shading software the same that will end up in the G150HT? I sure hope so! I have my eyes on one...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes,

The G150HT will incorporate the same zone shading feature that is in the M2000. It will have a 15 X 16 matrix which will allow control of 240 individual zones for adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.