AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running TMT2 on my HTPC at home, and I use it mostly for Blu-Ray playback. We basically only watch the main movie on BD, and the HTPC is hooked up to a Pio 1018ah-k via DVI for video and Digital Coax for Audio. Display is a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 1080p projector on a 100" screen. We're using VMC and My Movies.

I've seen posts about people having PQ issues with TMT3. I also read that it will upscale DVDs but that isn't really a big issue for me. Is there any benefit for me to upgrade to TMT3 that I'm missing?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillz564 /forum/post/16992427

I'm currently running TMT2 on my HTPC at home, and I use it mostly for Blu-Ray playback. We basically only watch the main movie on BD, and the HTPC is hooked up to a Pio 1018ah-k via DVI for video and Digital Coax for Audio. Display is a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 1080p projector on a 100" screen. We're using VMC and My Movies.

I've seen posts about people having PQ issues with TMT3. I also read that it will upscale DVDs but that isn't really a big issue for me. Is there any benefit for me to upgrade to TMT3 that I'm missing?

If you are happy, don't waste your money and wait for slyplayer

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good. i wanted to make sure there weren't any cool new features that i was missing. sounds like it is best to wait, thanks.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb /forum/post/16993667

If you are happy, don't waste your money and wait for slyplayer

Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillz564 /forum/post/16992427

If you are not using the box for DVD, Xonar HDMI sound and it is working, then I would say just wait for the free Slyplayer.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Had TMT2 upgraded to TMT3...no improvements whatsover.

I have no intention of upgrading again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is good to hear confirmation of what I was guessing (no reason to upgrade to TMT3 in my situation).

looking at the thread on slyplayer is getting me pretty excited. i wasn't aware of it. i guess i was outta the loop for a while.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillz564 /forum/post/16994702

it is good to hear confirmation of what I was guessing (no reason to upgrade to TMT3 in my situation).

looking at the thread on slyplayer is getting me pretty excited. i wasn't aware of it. i guess i was outta the loop for a while.

Ya the Slyplayer sure giving a lot of Sly's supporter a lot of hopes based on their excellent track record/history. I really looking forward for such player when release.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts