AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Klipsch 62 II tower speakers. They are just over 40" tall. I am considering getting a projector screen that would go wall to wall, and doing so would leave about 30" from the bottom of the screen and the floor. If I lay the speakers are a 45 degree angle forming a right triangle with the floor, the speaker would be about 29" high, thereby not blocking the screen. Is there any reason not to do this? I'm okay with a slight reduction in absolute perfect audio, but not okay with damaging the speakers.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
The main reason would that such a setup would reduce high frequency content. Tweeters are designed to disperse horizontally, not at an angle.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Reactions: darthray

·
Registered
30,271 Posts
I have a pair of Klipsch 62 II tower speakers. They are just over 40" tall. I am considering getting a projector screen that would go wall to wall, and doing so would leave about 30" from the bottom of the screen and the floor. If I lay the speakers are a 45 degree angle forming a right triangle with the floor, the speaker would be about 29" high, thereby not blocking the screen. Is there any reason not to do this? I'm okay with a slight reduction in absolute perfect audio, but not okay with damaging the speakers.
Go with an AT screen. If we can help you, give us a call.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Bad idea. Buy some bookshelf speakers and a sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts