AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there is a new firmware update for the TV I just purchased. I am just trying to see how the people here feel about firmware updates. My set seems completely fine out of the box, so would you say not to download it? I read a couple threads where people say it could end up causing more hard than good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
My general rule with FW (for anything not just TVs) is only install if it fixes a problem you're currently experiencing.


That said, you also still would want to find out what the FW update fixes as it may address a problem you dont know you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
My V10 got bricked today by the TV guy sent by Panasonic.


so I wouldnt if I were you.


Call Pansonic and let them do all of the firmware applying.


Glad I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,027 Posts
Was it the right firmware, but there was a power failure?

Was it the wrong firmware?

Other reason?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 /forum/post/18182953


My V10 got bricked today by the TV guy sent by Panasonic.


so I wouldnt if I were you.


Call Pansonic and let them do all of the firmware applying.


Glad I did.

I'm assuming the OP is talking about a publically available firmware, unlike the THX and scan board fixes for the Panasonic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just bought a Samsung. And yes I am just talking about the official firmwares released on the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 /forum/post/18185435


Was it the right firmware, but there was a power failure?

Was it the wrong firmware?

Other reason?

If there was no loss of power, I am guessing the tech was trying to install the wrong FW, possibly for another model TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booloo /forum/post/18185467


I actually just bought a Samsung. And yes I am just talking about the official firmwares released on the site.

Should be safe. Might want to check with Samsung to see if you're covered under standard warranty if something happens installing the FW.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top