AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just getting REALLY close to buying, and dont want to buy and then hear....oh man next week thay are dropping the price, or, at the convention they are anouncing a newer version that will be the same price. Just checking before i git-r-done.

ps...CC has then for 899 this week?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
THere is always something new coming soon.If you really want it and have the money then dont wait. Its cheap enough already. BTW, I suggest you delete that pricing before the mods see it. I believe is against rules.

Regards

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I don't believe the 4805 will get a lot less expensive before none are left. If you are worried about buying something and then have something better available soon thereafter, then you may not want to buy within the next few years. I expect FP to get better and cheaper for the foreseeable future. Since I watch a lot of HDTV, the 4805 was eliminated from consideration for me when 720p LCD projectors got better and cheaper.

Chris

·
Registered
210 Posts
My thought on whether to get a 4805 now is a quick look back at what it used to cost. This project is WAY down in price from where it started. I know I'm new to this, but I doubt we are going to see another PJ in its class at sub 1,000 anytime soon.

Based on that, I jumped and ordered mine last week!

Edit - I hope saying "sub 1,000" didn't violate any rules on price conversations. If so, I apologize.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm guessing that the price of the 4805 now is the lowest it's going to be before something else replaces it. OK, it may drop $100 or so but it's not going to street for $499 if you wait. If you've seen this projector and like it, the value for the the $ is high.

If you think you'll have buyer's remorse, then as said above, wait until after CEDIA to see what all the new models will be.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you don't have a pj now, just buy it. Price will continue to drop. (CEDIA will not affect the lower end as much the mid to high end.) Let's say it drops another $100 in two months. What's more important to you - enjoy the pj two months earlier or $100 in saving?

Street price discussion is not allowed but I have seen additional $100 rebate out there.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
With my 4805 I plan to wait till I can afford a 1080p DLP or Infocus comes up with $1000 720P replacement for the 4805.

Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my Infocus 4805. I have it being projected on a 106" grey screen in a dark painted room. I hung velvet curtains to frame the screen in and now I literally have a home theatre in my house. It's definately a treat to own a projector...and the 4805 is probably the best first projector money can buy...hell, it would even make a great 2nd projector, IMO.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Glad I didn't wait to buy mine, I'd have missed a lot of great viewing. JD

·
Registered
742 Posts
When you get ready to buy, look at AA.com's frequent flier partners guide for shopping. I found out that a couple of the places that sell these projectors (Optoma H31 and InFocus 4805) were participating. You could pick up close to 2,000 miles.

I am not pushing AA by the way - I suspect some of the other airlines have similar deals. Look around and see if you can nail a little extra bennies from your purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.