AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get 18 months interest free. I haven't followed all of the 9G talk, is there anything coming very soon that should have me waiting? I don't need the set today as my 53-inch Pioneer CRT HDTV is doing fine and I need to have the cabinet maker modify my cabinet for the 60-inch Kuro to fit. The promotion I can get for 18 months interest free ends in a few weeks.

Please advise, as I don't want to be sick by buying the current 60inch Kuro if a newer one with some substantial upgrades is about to come available. Although I don't know how much more they can improve other than those crazy thin ones I have read about on blogs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike /forum/post/12989454

I can get 18 months interest free. I haven't followed all of the 9G talk, is there anything coming very soon that should have me waiting? I don't need the set today as my 53-inch Pioneer CRT HDTV is doing fine and I need to have the cabinet maker modify my cabinet for the 60-inch Kuro to fit. The promotion I can get for 18 months interest free ends in a few weeks.

Please advise, as I don't want to be sick by buying the current 60inch Kuro if a newer one with some substantial upgrades is about to come available. Although I don't know how much more they can improve other than those crazy thin ones I have read about on blogs.

Thanks.

Cannot answer your question with regard to price predictions.

I would clarify the policy with the store or vendor ahead of time with regard to handling your situation if the unit is a problem buzzer.

If you are on your own with PIONEER, then you may wish to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my PDP-6010FD just before Christmas and will tell you I am impressed and thrilled with this 1080P plasma. I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Everything - HD cable, SD cable, dvd - looks crisper and more detailed than my older 43" Elite PRO-930HD. No buzz! Your decision to buy now or hold off is certainly understandable as the newer panels later this summer/fall most likely will offer improvements just as Pioneer has been improving their plasmas with each new generation. The 18 months no interest financing is definitely a huge incentive but the bottom line is your personal desire to buy or not. I am very happy with mine and marvel every time I watch it. Looking forward to the SuperBowl...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i just got my 6010 mounted last weekend after the break in period....triple wow! the best tv i have EVER seen. (and i've owned plasmas for 6 years)

thanks again Roman!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The only reason I can think of is if you would rather watch the Superbowl on your crt.
The "super thin" Pioneers won't be in stores for some time to come..and will likely have pricetags to match their awesomeness. If you've got the money and space for it...get the 60" Kuro now.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I would pull the trigger on that if it best suits your needs. I wouldn't be worried about whats coming out tomorrow. 9G's are going to be well over the current pricing of the Kuro's. I would enjoy it and not look back.

Chris

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/12996553

I would pull the trigger on that if it best suits your needs. I wouldn't be worried about whats coming out tomorrow. 9G's are going to be well over the current pricing of the Kuro's. I would enjoy it and not look back.

Chris

I am not sure why you would think the prices are going to be higher. The trend has always been improved technology along with lower prices. Why would this year be any different. I expect 9G's to be cheaper than the current 8G's. I would be very suprised if they were not.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywe /forum/post/13003565

I am not sure why you would think the prices are going to be higher. The trend has always been improved technology along with lower prices. Why would this year be any different. I expect 9G's to be cheaper than the current 8G's. I would be very suprised if they were not.

Panny 08 panels will be out well before Pio's 9G so there's no doubt Pio will wait to see how the new Pannys perform (particularly black levels) and at what price before Pio makes the move on pricing their 9G. Pio's got the premium on their kuros becuase they can afford to - they have black while all others do not even come close. 2008 models will definitely make the pricing wars interesting.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike /forum/post/12989454

Thanks.

I would wait and get it on a closeout price or wait for the new sets and see if they are indeed 80 percent better in black levels. Remember that the primary reason 8G owners feel the 8G set is better is because the black levels increased 80 percent from the 7G panels. Now you get another 80 percent, so the 8G's are going to be in the same position as the 7G vs. 8G debate where most prefer the 8G, while some still prefer the best 7G sets such as the FHD1.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 /forum/post/12992833

The only reason I can think of is if you would rather watch the Superbowl on your crt.
The "super thin" Pioneers won't be in stores for some time to come..and will likely have pricetags to match their awesomeness. If you've got the money and space for it...get the 60" Kuro now.

No...if he has that kind of money to spend, he could have just gone to the super bowl. Who cares if you are watching it on a 53" CRT which probably looks fantastic especially with the garbage feeds the US has.

If you really need size, buy a projector and put your Kuro over in the bedroom or in the attic...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioexcels /forum/post/13005058

I would wait and get it on a closeout price or wait for the new sets and see if they are indeed 80 percent better in black levels. Remember that the primary reason 8G owners feel the 8G set is better is because the black levels increased 80 percent from the 7G panels. Now you get another 80 percent, so the 8G's are going to be in the same position as the 7G vs. 8G debate where most prefer the 8G, while some still prefer the best 7G sets such as the FHD1.

You think like me. I will wait. My Pioneer CRT is fantastic, does 1080i and I will be fine until I see what the 9G Kuros look like.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
A friend came over two weeks ago who has the old 58" Pioneer Elite CRT (ISFd). He said the 6010 is the single best thing he has ever seen and will place an order shortly.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If money is not a prob buy now. I am waiting untill the new ones come out and let the 6010 come crashing down in price. I need one for the den. I went and looked at panels a month or more ago and i was so impressed by the 6010 and fhd1. I bought the fhd1 for the bedroom and now i am waiting for the 6010 to come down. You might catch a drop (guessing) on the 6010 by 500.00 by the end of March from where it's retail is now. That is a guess.

When the new ones come out, everyone will want them and Pioneer should start dropping the 6010 more. I am going to get one when retail drops about 1,000 off what it is now. Whatever you decide, i think you will love the 6010.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Another thing to think about is that all plasmas that are released this year will be compared to the performance of the 8G Pio's. So that says something moving forward towards your decision.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts