AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any receivers support hdmi sources being routed to a second zone? I can't find any! I hate the thought of having analog cables plus hdmi for all of my input devices....

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

the yamaha aventage a2/3000 will route hdmi audio to zones... other than those, i'm not aware of any... but i'm not aware of every unit out there...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CC,

From the RX-A3010 manual: "Only analog audio signals (including radio, USB and network sources) can be output to Zone2 or Zone3. To listen to playback sounds of an external device in Zone2 or Zone3, you need to connect the device to the AUDIO jacks of this unit with a stereo pin cable. The party mode (p.95) allows you to enjoy main zone sources in all zones simultaneously regardless of input audio signal types."

So I guess I could I could always keep it in party mode, and just keep zone 2 powered off when not in use. Would this work?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

note i specifically noted "000" models...

dunno on the rest....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the 2000 manual "Only the following sources are available for Zone2 or Zone3.

AV1-4 (only analog audio input), V-AUX (only analog audio input), AUDIO1-4 (only analog audio input), PHONO, USB, NET, DOCK, TUNER, SIRIUS"

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
The yamaha in party mode will send hdmi sources input to zone 1 as stereo audio to zone 2. Nobody else does this. Not what you wanted but close. To play different audio in zone 2 pretty much all receivers require an analog stereo input. Hdmi quietly took away a feature many want. Some higher end receivers will send digital audio signals to zone 2, but not hdmi audio sources!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I keep the receiver in party mode with zone 1 powered off, or does turning off zone 1 also turn off party mode?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts