AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 433 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,969 Posts
Our shipment is scheduled to arrive Friday, April 29, 2005. I will have them on display by the weekend and will post the results of the OTA reception with a Silver Sensor indoor antenna.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Hi Robert

Is this the new 5 gen box to replace the LG 4200 or just a new shippment of LG 4200. What is the name of the new box? Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,969 Posts
Their is no replacement for the LST-4200A as of yet.


The new shipment of LG merchandise is all HDTV's and a new DVD up-converting players recorders and DVD/VCR combo recorders.


One item is a newly designed 50" plasma with a built -in HD DVR.


I am working ou getting the new models up on my site with links to LG's pdf data sheets. These items are so new LG has not yet updated their site and they are not in most stores yet.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technologies Dealer
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
Our shipment is scheduled to arrive Friday, April 29, 2005. I will have them on display by the weekend and will post the results of the OTA reception with a Silver Sensor indoor antenna.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer

Well I am seriously impressed with LG's 5th generation ATSC tuner. Today we put out two new LG HDTVs, Model #52SX4D 52" and Model DLP w/the HD3 DLP chip set and the 30FZ4 30" CRT Direct View, both have built-in 5th generation ATSC LG tuners.


I connected the indoor Silver Senor OTA antenna and scanned for local channels. It picked up 21 HD OTA channels, more than any other ATSC tuner. The picture is rock solid on all 21 channels. We are surrounded by 6 story apartment buildings in very direction, and our store is on the street level. No other ATSC tuner could even pick up one channel.


You can see these TVs at http://*********************/DLP,%20L...ew%20HDTVs.htm


I am amazed and as impressed as I could ever imagine possible. This advanced technology ATSC tuner make ATSC work reliably.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,884 Posts

Quote:
Well I am seriously impressed with LG's 5th generation ATSC tuner. Today we put out two new LG HDTVs, Model #52SX4D 52" and Model DLP w/the HD3 DLP chip set and the 30FZ4 30" CRT Direct View, both have built-in 5th generation ATSC LG tuners.

Robert -


Are you saying then that the new TV's have noticeably better reception than the 4200A?


- Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
I want one in a OTA set top box now !!!! I need a realiable set top box for OTA . Are you listening LG give us a 5th gen set top box please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Hey Robert, any word on whether the LG 30FZ4's slimmer brother, the LG 30FS1D Super-slim has the same tuner? That would be a nice set to pick up if it had the LGDT3303 like the 30FZ4.


Can't wait for the FusionHDTV5 to arrive stateside as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Rack
Hey Robert, any word on whether the LG 30FZ4's slimmer brother, the LG 30FS1D Super-slim has the same tuner? That would be a nice set to pick up if it had the LGDT3303 like the 30FZ4.


Can't wait for the FusionHDTV5 to arrive stateside as well.

Yes it does. All new LG HDTVs have the 5th generation ATSC decoder built-in.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Robert-


Did the 5th generation tuner just address issues with Multipath? Or does it seem that it's also capable of picking of weaker signals as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer



I connected the indoor Silver Senor OTA antenna and scanned for local channels. It picked up 21 HD OTA channels, more than any other ATSC tuner. The picture is rock solid on all 21 channels. We are surrounded by 6 story apartment buildings in very direction, and our store is on the street level. No other ATSC tuner could even pick up one channel.



-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer

Robert,


It seems that this 5th gen chip is helping solve mulitpath issues. Have you had the chance to schlep one of these new TV's home and check out it's sensitivity. Are you able to lock on with a weaker signal that the 4200?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Well, LG is supposedly planning on selling their 5th chip to dozens, or even hundreds, of companies. It is only a matter of time before one of them figures out how to use it properly and puts it in a set top box. I'll buy one when I can get one for $200. or less.


IB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by inky blacks
Well, LG is supposedly planning on selling their 5th chip to dozens, or even hundreds, of companies. It is only a matter of time before one of them figures out how to use it properly and puts it in a set top box. I'll buy one when I can get one for $200. or less.


IB

Exactly!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,969 Posts
The two HDTV's I tested, listed above, exhibited better sensitivity and terrific and unbelievable multi-path rejection vs. any other ATSC tuner I have ever seen before.


However, in almost all applications the current LST-4200A will still deliver a excellent HD ATSC and or QAM HD signal to your HD ready TV.


In the RARE instance where you need better sensitivity and selectivity (multi-path rejection) hopefully you can raise your OTA antenna to the tallest peak of your roof and point it directly to your broadcast tower to achieve the same results.


In the mean time anyone looking for a new HDTV and who will be using cable and or OTA you should seriously consider one of these new advanced technology HDTVs.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
hopefully you can raise your OTA antenna to the tallest peak of your roof and point it directly to your broadcast tower to achieve the same results.

I am pretty sure I could get LOS of the transmitting antenna if I had a 500 foot mast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #216

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer


In the RARE instance where you need better sensitivity and selectivity (multi-path rejection) hopefully you can raise your OTA antenna to the tallest peak of your roof and point it directly to your broadcast tower to achieve the same results.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer

The main interest in the 5th chip is from people who live in apartments and condominiums, where you do not own the "peak of your roof" and cannot even have an outdoor antenna. If I tried to put a antenna on the top of my four story apartment building, my landlord would first shoot me and then evict my corpse.


IB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
Legally, you can put a TV antenna on your balcony or patio, as long as it's an area under your exclusive use or control (in other words, not an area that is normally accessible to other residents). This does not mean that the condo/homeowners' association or building management may not enter the area for the purpose of inspection and/or repair; it just means that it's an area you own or rent for your personal use. This right is granted under the "Restrictions on Over-the-Air Reception Devices" section of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, as amended. The law preempts area zoning ordinances and rental or homeowner association covenants and restrictions on DBS dish, local broadcast TV, wireless cable and broadband access antennas. The FCC has mandated that no landlord, condo association or other organization, or any city or state can disallow anyone with deeded space or a private balcony or patio (in the case of an apartment) the right to put up a satellite dish or TV antenna under one meter in size (or any size in Alaska). Nor can they require a permit, advance notification, the payment of any fee or force the owner or tenant to move the dish or antenna if they don't like its appearance. Under some circumstances, the availability of a central or common antenna can be used by a community association or landlord to restrict the installation of your individual antenna, provided that the common dish or antenna provides access to your desired programming with a quality of reception at least equal to what you can get on your own. Also, it must not cost you any more than an individual antenna to install or operate. This law does not allow you to place a dish or antenna on common areas that are owned by a landlord or community association, or jointly owned by condominium or cooperative owners, such as the roof, hallways, walkways or exterior walls of a condo or apartment building. So you are absolutely right -- the peak of your roof is off limits! You can read about your rights here .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
Robert,


Do you know if there will be a newer version of the LG3410 DVR with this 5th gen chip? Thanks.


John

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
Their is no replacement for the LST-4200A as of yet.


The new shipment of LG merchandise is all HDTV's and a new DVD up-converting players recorders and DVD/VCR combo recorders.


One item is a newly designed 50" plasma with a built -in HD DVR.


I am working ou getting the new models up on my site with links to LG's pdf data sheets. These items are so new LG has not yet updated their site and they are not in most stores yet.


-Robert


VE Advanced Digital Technologies Dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
It picked up 21 HD OTA channels, more than any other ATSC tuner.

Robert, was this 21 RF channels, or 21 channels total (including sub-channels)? If it was 21 RF channels, what other city were you receiving??
 
201 - 220 of 433 Posts
Top