AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a Flat wall mount for Akai 4290?

I have purchased the Akai 4290 from costco and do not want to use the mount that comes with it, the screens sits too far from the wall because of the tilt feature.

I have looked online and it looks like I can get a flat wall mount, which would mount the screen flush against the wall mount.

So, has anyone used one of these flat wall mounts or anything else to get a flush against wall finish??

Cali

·
Registered
192 Posts
Look at the mount specifications and it will usually tell you how far the display will sit from the wall. The best ones put it about 1" out from the wall.

You might have a hard time finding a mount for a less popular plasma display though. The universal mounts that are likely to work are generally thicker. I'm using the Omnimount QM300 F and their universal mount to mount my Panasonic plasma to the wall and this sits about 2" away from the wall. I believe that the Panasonic specific mount is thinner, but I haven't seen one in person.

http://www.mountsandmore.com has the widest selection of flat wall mounts that I've seen. You can probably find a local dealer for any of those by going to the manufacturer's website.

alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.