AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curioius if anyone heard of any new reference high end BR players from Sony or Denon? I'd consider pioneer as well and perhaps others. The oppos are very very good bang for the buck but I'd probably like to go crazy and get a Sony or Denon if they have 3D playback dual out HDMI, hdmi 1.4, netflix playback. I'm sure plenty will post that I should get an oppo and I agree oppos are very very good bang for the buck but let's just say I'm probably looking in the $1000 plus range without going too high. Something like my 5000es with newer features such as the dual hdmi, hdmi 1.4, netflix playback, 3d playback and faster load times would be great!

·
Read the FAQ!
35,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe /forum/post/19562577

I was curioius if anyone heard of any new reference high end BR players from Sony or Denon? I'd consider pioneer as well and perhaps others. The oppos are very very good bang for the buck but I'd probably like to go crazy and get a Sony or Denon if they have 3D playback dual out HDMI, hdmi 1.4, netflix playback. I'm sure plenty will post that I should get an oppo and I agree oppos are very very good bang for the buck but let's just say I'm probably looking in the $1000 plus range without going too high. Something like my 5000es with newer features such as the dual hdmi, hdmi 1.4, netflix playback, 3d playback and faster load times would be great!

In your price range, check out the speculation in the Oppo BDP-95 thread in this forum.

--Bob

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although I might have interest in the BDP-95, I do hope we hear some info about a new Sony ES BR player or perhaps as Denon. The DBP-2011UDCI might be a starting point. I'm not sure if Denon has a DBP-4011UDCI in the works.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was bummin' I didn't make it to CES this year but since nothing I wanted at CES to be released was - it would have been a waste of my time. Hopefully next year we'll see something impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts