AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and haven't seen any reviews of Hart's War yet. I saw it at future Shop but would like to read a review first. Anyone?

Marc.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The pic quality is a solid 4. Very little grain and it has a great deep detailed image. The cool blues and greens of the film are very pretty in hi-def. The audio is just phenomenal!! The explosions are the best I have heard on either format. They are VERY LOUD, and filled with deep rich bass and details. I could feel the hairs on my arms stand up each time one went off. I can't even imagine what this will sound like once DTS-HD Master audio becomes encoded properly by players. I'm glad I ordered this one!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
just bought Hart's War with a price match from circuit city. I really enjoyed this movie the first time I watched it a few years back on DVD. From the reviews of the PQ i have read you wont' be disappointed. So all in all u get a really good movie with great picture quality- one of Willis's best acting performances and colin farrel does a good job as well (considering he ruins many films). I highly recommend this move for everyone. Another great movie release for blu ray.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedder /forum/post/0

just bought Hart's War with a price match from circuit city. I really enjoyed this movie the first time I watched it a few years back on DVD. From the reviews of the PQ i have read you wont' be disappointed. So all in all u get a really good movie with great picture quality- one of Willis's best acting performances and colin farrel does a good job as well (considering he ruins many films). I highly recommend this move for everyone. Another great movie release for blu ray.

Yeah..it seems like alot of the more recent Fox/MGM titles got overlooked due to the fact most aren't available at alot of B&M stores. The retailers are being choosy about the titles, screw em. Amazon is your best friend. Courage Under Fire and Men of Honor both have excellent transfers and fantastic audio but there were hardly a bleep on the radar on this site. Fox is doing a bang up job on their catalog titles, I highly recommend their last wave of titles that hit on the 23rd.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I watched this moive last night, it does look very good I'd say 4 stars like the above poster and also agree with him that the audio is excellent. I wouldnt go as far as saying it was the best available for the format though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT /forum/post/0

I watched this moive last night, it does look very good I'd say 4 stars like the above poster and also agree with him that the audio is excellent. I wouldnt go as far as saying it was the best available for the format though.

I said the explosions were the best I had heard on either format.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I put it in queue and thanks for the recommendation. The issue will be getting to it with all that is coming out in the rather near future. Guess I shouldn't complain about that though as it is a rather good problem to have!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.