AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any RPTV units being sold, imagined, planned, etc. with DVI HDCP? If not currently, what RPTVs right now are being sold with a video adapter card slot or are otherwise upgradeable to new hardware standards. In effect, new hardware standard released, let's say DVI HDCP for giggles, consumer pulls out old card with plain ol DVI and pops in new card with DVI HDCP. Anything out there that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
542 Posts
The Hitachis have it . . . at least with the xxUWX20B model and above (haven't checked 'em all).

Very nice for the price.

--

- Jeff

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The Samsung HLM series (HLM437, 507, 617) have an HDCP compliant DVI input.

-phil

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
And the next line down from Toshiba (the newest models) will have an upgrade if it's ever needed (per Toshiba). Note, this isn't the cheapest Toshibas, it's like the middle ones.

JVCs also have DVI/HDCP. As do the new Sonys. Nothing from Panasonic and nothing from Mitsubishi. Mitsus are theoretically upgradeable, but they are not committed to any such plan right now. Panasonics are not designed to be ugpradeable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has a DVI input. I'm not sure about the HDCP though. Maybe someone else can comment on that. The manual only seems to say it accepts a "DB15 connector".

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, thanks for the feedback guys. Looks a lot better than I thought it might. Trying to steer a friend the RPTV route instead of plasma because of her budget concerns and the room she's putting it in will work great, if not better for an rptv than a plasma anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My new Sony KP57WV600 has DVI HDCP . I use it to connect to the Sony HD200 DirecTV receiver. I know all the new xxWV600 and 700's have it, but I'm not sure about the xxWV500. (By the way, the "xx" is a place holder for screen size in inches.) Seems that something in the owner's manual says that the component inputs are also HDCP, but that was the first I've ever heard of it.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Isn't there a new 43" 4:3 set that doesn't have it? Or was that model just basically extended into the new year?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.