AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be checking one of these pjs out and just wanted to see if there was any happy or unhappy owners that want to share their thoughts

thanks, Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really enjoy my 700, but haven't seen the 500. I will say that there are several people on the forum who don't like Runco products (revamped projectors from other manufacturers, high price etc.) but there service has been second to none for me. I "upgraded" from a Runco CRT projector. The constant convergence, tweaking, and problems associated with the CRT drove me nuts. Since going digital, I enjoy the movie much more. Sure the black levels aren't as good, but the brightness is much better, and the uniformity of the picture is much better. Let me know what you think of the Runco unit. You should check out the HT 1000 as well. It's picture is outstanding as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought one last week and so far I've been very happy. I'm projecting it onto plain blackout cloth (haven't painted it yet), so the blacks aren't quite there yet and the whites are a tad bright. But I'm told it will go away if I end up with a grey screen. It was demonstrated on a Firehawk and looked awesome in all light conditions.

My screen size is about 32" high by 56" wide and even projecting on the wall (beige), HD looked incredible through the digital cable.

I was also sold on the Runco for the customer support. Please feel free to email me with any questions. [email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the grayhawk type screen will definately boost black levels. I have a white 1.3 gain screen, and placed black felt behind the screen to absorb reflected light. This, in addition to component video, and a progressive scan DVD player really helped my picture!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.