Quote:
Originally posted by rollerfink
Hottie alert!!!

Rosie O'Donnell was on last night.
You're joking, right?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
hey, it takes all types, how about some of boy george...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
boy george looked weird last night...too bad i don't have any pictures though

·
Registered
557 Posts
This brings up a real disadvantage to widescreen video. I tuned in to see Jack Black's segment. But in widescreen every time the camera was on Jack you had included in the shot a very bizarre Boy George looking on from the side. Also toward the end I started getting a lot of video artifacts. Was that on the national feed or something more local?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SBryan
Also toward the end I started getting a lot of video artifacts. Was that on the national feed or something more local?
Must have been the wear down effect Rosie had on the cameras. Like how a running game in football can wear down the defense in the fourth quarter.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Sorta off topic and forum topic as well.. I know it belongs in the Hardware thread, but....

Is a MyHD card really worth having? or should I buy a D-VHS, I'm kinda wanting to have some OTA screen shots and it's becoming a better idea to do something, what do you suggest?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
i don't totally understand your question, or the last part. but the card is a tuner/source and by utilizing your pc harddrive a recorder too. the dvhs is a recorder only, they can work with your computer, and you can put the myhd card files on to dvhs if you want, i do this.. and keep some on harddrive too

if you get a dvhs you will have to still get a source/tuner for it, as unlike vcrs these have no tuners. a myhd card and your pc can be a source for the dvhs decks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi TV with an integrated tuner. Now that I'm thinking of it... MyHD sounds better than a D-VHS cause I'm not too keen on paying for a 169time option to record satellite with a new Tivo right around the corner.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
does your set have firewire or the promise mod, if so you could record ota hd from it to dvhs, i beleive. so no need to get a tuner then to use a dvhs machine

There are other ota stbs with firewire that would work with dvhs to record ota hd channels other then 169time mods,-- which is all the myhd card can record-- ( except if you have a discounted dish stb) --- your tv tuner possibly as meantioned above, the samsung stb for another. zeniths upcoming ota hd pvr should work with dvhs too

if you have a firewire tv with tuner, and dont mind tapes a dvhs machine mite be a good deal

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Firewire is integrated into the set, I guess I should have said it before to clear the air. It's a Platinum series Mits (511).

As far as recording from satellite, I'm giving up on 169time's idea, it's just too expensive and "buggy". Also, Tivo will basically do the job. A majority of what I want to record (mostly including Jay Leno) will be accomplished by the MyHD card. The D-VHS does seem to be a good idea for D-Theater, low/no compression loss HD as well as other types of archiving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.