AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 60xbr on order since about Dec 28th from CC. Called today and they had no idea when they would be coming. Anyone have any info? Hoping it makes it for the superbowl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one coming on Tues from Cambridge Soundworks. CC here has none and 25 people on the wait list. CS just got 3 in the day i walked in, so i bought one... Hoping to have it set up/ISF Tech tweaked by super bowl...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered my XBR in the middle of November. It was ordered through a local hifi store. It came in on January fifth. I was thinking of getting an Elite CRT. I love this Sony and will never look back, as I also love playing my X-box on the Sony with no burn in. Jon

·
Registered
127 Posts
im still waiting on mine :( . hopefully it will come this week before the super bowl but i doubt it. i ordered mine on december 19th through a sony family store in park ridge. but i can cross my fingers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Local CC had a New XBR60 for me yesterday, I'm on the list and someone before me backed out. I did not get the message until late, I called and they sold it, to the next in line, because I did not call back until late. I did find out the S/N and it was 9117914 so it looks like new ones are shipping!! So I'm still in line, I would love it before the SB, but not holding out much hope

·
Registered
534 Posts
The great indoors in Rockville has 60" XBRs that can be delivered tomorrow based on your zip code. If I was able to be home tomorrow I could have had it in one day so I'll wait til Saturday.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sounds like there is some shipment activity going on based on this thread an others. Let those of us that are waiting keep our collective fingers crossed for a big screen super bowl...

·
Registered
127 Posts
my cc was charged for the tv on jan 22nd. although since i got it through the sony store and the gw3 stand took two weeks to deliver, i can only hope the tv comes sooner. like by this friday. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frustrating news! Just called my local CC to check on my 60xbr. According to him CC has two eastern warehouses, one in the NE and one in the SE. They have a combined 27 60xbr's on order. CC hasn't received one unit from Sony Since December and has no idea when they may come. He claims CC corp. can't get any delivery info from Sony. They also don't have any of the other model GW's either. Has anyone heard anything new from Sony or CC?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was told today that my 70"XBR950 has an expected ship date to Tweeter in Baltimore of Feb 6th now. Originally they were expecting them on the 23rd of Jan. Hopefully they won't go any longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just chatted with GT the product advisor on the Crutchfield website. They have 9 of the 60xbr's in stock. He said they were received on the 15th of January. He is not sure of the build dates. It is free shipping but it takes 6 to 8 days AFTER it leaves their warehouse in VA. It's tempting to cancel my CC order and get one of those, although it still wouldn't be here for the superbowl.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sounds like there are shipments of the xbr's out there. Folks on different threads are reporting getting some.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just called my local CC (Rochester NY) again and they all of a sudden had a 60XBR950 in the other store across town (looks like a good S/N). I missed out on one Last Sat. (I'm on the list) but I got this one today and it's being delivered Friday. They did not show one available after I missed out on one Sat. Can you say Super Super Bowl!! So they are out there! Slow but sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
American's order (25) is comming into their warehouse tommorrow morning, they should then go to the various stores. Mine will be in on Saturday afternoon.

I would say yes, they are shipping, if you are still not seeing activity on your order, I would call and find out why.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.