AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo
Terry,

I must confess that my interest level has fallen as my agitation level has risen with this forum. It is one of the reasons that I thought another mod miight give a fresh perspective on this place. Of coure, no one has stepped in as of yet. My vote is still with Mark.



On raster's moderation,

It is a futile attempt to ask him to stop. If he would just report a post, then it would be ok. Unfortunately, he has to reply as well. It is funny that there are a lot of people on this forum with constructive and informative posts. It is to bad that rasters never fall in that category.


Ericglo
It is a shame that this forum, which was once the worldwide authority on CRT projectors has fallen to this. I place the blame on the moderator, who by his own admission, doesn't have the time to read the forum, only to react to complaints, yet lets the idiocy of one or two "members" drive off the knowledgeable contributors. While lip-service was given to the idea of an assistant moderator for this forum, apparently NO ONE was ever contacted about their interest in the position.


Sorry to all if I have been overly vocal about this issue lately, but people with experience and knowledge about CRT PJ's have stopped contributing to this forum and their knowledge is sorely needed and missed. I don't understand why the moderator has no pride in what this forum once was, and why he has allowed for its demise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
To paraphrase a movie quote "Ignore him and he will go away". Any one wants to know how to do, just PM me. Now if just work on co-workers. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,055 Posts
Terry deleted his posting- Then I deleted my response-- Issue now solved- Thank You


End of discussing the topic any further- Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEBrown
It is a shame that this forum, which was once the worldwide authority on CRT projectors has fallen to this. I place the blame on the moderator, who by his own admission, doesn't have the time to read the forum, only to react to complaints, yet lets the idiocy of one or two "members" drive off the knowledgeable contributors. While lip-service was given to the idea of an assistant moderator for this forum, apparently NO ONE was ever contacted about their interest in the position.


Sorry to all if I have been overly vocal about this issue lately, but people with experience and knowledge about CRT PJ's have stopped contributing to this forum and their knowledge is sorely needed and missed. I don't understand why the moderator has no pride in what this forum once was, and why he has allowed for its demise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
See how well the ignore feature works! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo
Terry,


I am sorry Terry. I will try to be less of a jerk.:) I know what you mean. I must confess that my interest level has fallen as my agitation level has risen with this forum. It is one of the reasons that I thought another mod miight give a fresh perspective on this place. Of coure, no one has stepped in as of yet. My vote is still with Mark.

Ericglo
I would do it if asked by Alan/Lawrence - but I'm not power-hungry enough to go chasing after it.


But Raster rarely breaks the rules, he's just a PITA. You can't moderate against PITA unless it's a police state. Just IGNORE the annoying posts - don't feed the troll.


Unfortunately most of stuff that is technically against the rules is the parts trading that we all need to keep going - although I've never seen a parts thread pulled.


Freshmale, I don't know of any G90's for sale here. It would be easier to find a G70 with nice new tubes, I know that would be possible - two of them would be possible to find actually.


You'll have to import a G90 I guess.


Where are you exactly?


Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
Terry deleted his posting- Then I deleted my response-- Issue now solved- Thank You


End of discussing the topic any further- Thank you
No it isn't, because as usual you still feel the need to play mod. If you have a problem with a post, then report it and let Alan or Laurence decide the appropriate response.



Ericglo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Sure there has been some changes of late

And some less than desirable members posting or moderating


What we all have to remember is that this forum was based on helping

CRT hobbyists when this equipment was professional equipment

And the information just was not around


Any forum is perpetual you have to encourage new members

By helping them, some will evolve to help many others

Remember where you started with that low level PJ and the help you received

To fix it or keep it running. Don’t forget the little guy


To the sellers remember the upgrade bug is easy to catch

Help them fix their entry level PJ’s and get a good reputation

And they will look to you for that upgrade


I am no expert and do not claim to be. What I can do is pass on the

Information I have found or experienced

I have helped some members and I have received help from many members

I could not have got my projectors running with out the help of this forum


So for the sake of the many ignore the few and get back to helping

The rest will fix its self so long as the majority of us here for the right reasons


Check these threads that were not answered. This is the real pity

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=574727
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=572275
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=572252
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=570221
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569685
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=568441
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=568443
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=568052
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=568047


Just my two cents worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
There's no money in CRT projectors for AVS, the moderators don't give a sh!t, this forum is used as a "lounge" area by members who have been shut down in other forums and want to continue pointless debate.


Some members are sensitive to the direction this place is headed and are attempting to moderate, with no real authority, and giving everyone the sh!ts in the process.


The whole problem will go away when we get a moderator who cares. So what's the delay?


Cheers,


John


EDIT: actually one new mod isn't enough, the two we have now don't count.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,916 Posts
All I did was respond to a post that someone else posted asking for a place where he could find G90's. I didn't initiate the post nor did I put a post out here like "How Much Are G90's worth?" which are really ad's.

He received a response from someone on this thread saying that he could go to HF's site as he has some for sale. Raster doen't complain about that which I find curious. How is that any different than my post??

I put a post out here saying I have a few F/S (no description) and that the original poster can contact me via email and I get jumped on by Raster?? Why are you singling me out Raster??

Like I have said before why don't you practice what you preach and actually post something/anything that actually contributes to furthering CRT's??

Please, this is really rediculous.

Maybe the thing to do is start my own CRT forum and bring over the other technical heads from here so that information can be passed around freely and not have the "jerks" allowed to get on that forum.


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
All I did was respond to a post that someone else posted asking for a place where he could find G90's. I didn't initiate the post nor did I put a post out here like "How Much Are G90's worth?" which are really ad's.

He received a response from someone on this thread saying that he could go to HF's site as he has some for sale. Raster doen't complain about that which I find curious. How is that any different than my post??

I put a post out here saying I have a few F/S (no description) and that the original poster can contact me via email and I get jumped on by Raster?? Why are you singling me out Raster??

Like I have said before why don't you practice what you preach and actually post something/anything that actually contributes to furthering CRT's??

Please, this is really rediculous.

Maybe the thing to do is start my own CRT forum and bring over the other technical heads from here so that information can be passed around freely and not have the "jerks" allowed to get on that forum.


Terry
Well you know I'd say never do that but then I've watched Chronicles of Riddick five times and on the start menu it gives you a choice of fight or convert and I still don't know what happens when you hit convert.! :D


Art
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,815 Posts
Quote:
yup, and the first 4 or 5 were from people with Sony 12XX , Strange that the peson who's caused the most trouble here didn't offer any advice to these people even thoug he/she also owns the same projector. It's just a shame, the people who cause the most problems have nothing positive to offer EVER. Or maybe that's why they cause trouble, self loathing is a terrible thing. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W
. . . .


But Raster rarely breaks the rules, he's just a PITA. You can't moderate against PITA unless it's a police state. Just IGNORE the annoying posts - don't feed the troll.


Unfortunately most of stuff that is technically against the rules is the parts trading that we all need to keep going - although I've never seen a parts thread pulled.


. . . . Mark
Hi Mark,


Well, I'm breaking my own advice by continuing this but . . .


From the Forum Rules:


"Terms of Service

5. Member Conduct

You agree to not use the Service to:


i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;"


I guess all things are a matter of interpretation, but given R's lack of positive, constructive input, this may be appropriate.


I know, I know, ignore him - I'm trying !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Terry,

There is another forum already. It is raster free as far as I know. I don't spend much time over there, but it has been civil and constructive to this point. Maybe that forum can become the advanced forum and this can become the beginner forum.


Halo1963,

I partially agree. Those that are to lazy to read the manual or do a search or read the sticky at the top of the page need to learn to do so.


Ericglo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Any chance of a PM with a URL to the alternate site?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,916 Posts
Yes Eric, what is it. Send a PM if necessary.


I like to help folks when I can as I really like CRT technology and it still excites me when I see someone have success.

This place has gotten gross. A few Sundays ago I received a PM from one of the jerks here who goes by the name dave-roth. The PM was entitles "Hi There". When I opened it up it was the most gross thing anyone could say to someone else about their mother. I was floored as first I don't know what I said to deserve this and next it was directed at my Mother.

I sent this to the owners of this forum and was told that they had a talk with him the night before and if he had done this before 10PM they were going to let it go. But if he had done it after 10PM they would act on it. Unfortunately I was so put shocked by this I had deleted the PM so I don't know what time it was sent. IMO this person should have been booted off the forum immediately for what he said.

I found out later on that he had send a similar PM to another forum member at the same time.

This place had really gone down hill as was reported in another thread a few weeks ago. And as I said, it isn't just me saying this. Almost every customer I talk to these days almost immediately tells me the same thing.


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Ericglo - I too would not object to a pm. And I would promise to lurk, only responding to help on the few subjects sufficiently mundane that I could actually be of help. You guys are right - I know I'm just a noob here, but it hasn't been as useful or interesting lurking here, as of late. I just hadn't put my finger on the why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
cheers thanx guys. thanx for your email Terry. Hi Mark i am from the gold coast, i talked to a guy in penrith he sold a g90 the other week, he said there was only ever 11 of them that come into Australia. When i have the money organised i will give Terry a visit.

Is the g90u compaitable with 230 - 240 volts? i have a 140'' 16:9 screen would i have to stack the g90s or would one be fine on that size screen?
 
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top