AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Eric please send me the PM as well. I think I might be a member to the site you're referring too but it has been so long since I joined it that I can't remember what it was called... I think the site was started by some people that were members here at one time, if it is indeed the site i'm thinking of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I am new to crt technology so hope u dont mind me asking a few qs at times.

still amazed by Arts sony stack it must be incrediable How long did it take to setup Art

If its not to much to ask do u have pics i can see

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
I still don't know what happens when you hit convert.! :D

Art
That makes two of us!

Back on topic;

I know a dealer who says he has his personal, virtually never been used G90 available. Theater never got finished and something about supporting the products he carries (SONY is not one of them). I must warn you he wants top dollar.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmale
cheers thanx guys. thanx for your email Terry. Hi Mark i am from the gold coast, i talked to a guy in penrith he sold a g90 the other week, he said there was only ever 11 of them that come into Australia. When i have the money organised i will give Terry a visit.

Is the g90u compaitable with 230 - 240 volts? i have a 140'' 16:9 screen would i have to stack the g90s or would one be fine on that size screen?
Freshmale, I've never seen a G90, I don't know if you can convert them to 240v, but I suspect it's easy.

How wide (in metres..) is 140"? I don't think in diagonal inches...

Have you ever owned a CRT pj? A stack is a big deal, you either need to pay a pro a lot of money to do it, or you need to be a serious expert to get it all lined up and STABLE.

Aaron knows the G90 fairly well, I'd pay him to do the setup, he does roadtrips.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Yes the G90 will operate on 230 VAC.

Terry

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ericglo, would you include me on your PM? I hope it is a site that allows Zphoto's old Avatars. This was a pleasant forum last year and its definitely more mean spirited due to an as*wipe that I have on my ignore list already.

·
Registered
523 Posts
"I've watched Chronicles of Riddick five times and on the start menu it gives you a choice of fight or convert and I still don't know what happens when you hit convert.!

Art"

Plays the directors cut (as opposed to the theatrical version) I believe.

(Or perhaps vice versa.)

-Mark

·
Registered
12,562 Posts
This CRT forum was founded to talk about the underground cards. Steve has promised to keep it raster free.:) Tom W. is the biggest supporter at this time. He has provided a buying and selling area as well.

Ericglo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The screen is 3.1m by 1.745m viewing size. Hope to get away with only one, g90 but what is your opinions on this?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Yes Eric, what is it. Send a PM if necessary.

I like to help folks when I can as I really like CRT technology and it still excites me when I see someone have success.

This place has gotten gross. A few Sundays ago I received a PM from one of the jerks here who goes by the name dave-roth. The PM was entitles "Hi There". When I opened it up it was the most gross thing anyone could say to someone else about their mother. I was floored as first I don't know what I said to deserve this and next it was directed at my Mother.

I sent this to the owners of this forum and was told that they had a talk with him the night before and if he had done this before 10PM they were going to let it go. But if he had done it after 10PM they would act on it. Unfortunately I was so put shocked by this I had deleted the PM so I don't know what time it was sent. IMO this person should have been booted off the forum immediately for what he said.

I found out later on that he had send a similar PM to another forum member at the same time.

This place had really gone down hill as was reported in another thread a few weeks ago. And as I said, it isn't just me saying this. Almost every customer I talk to these days almost immediately tells me the same thing.

Terry
:eek:

Yes, this is pretty bad... It's a very sad day when you can come to the CRT forum and read that something as derogatory as this has happen to such a fine person like Terry.

Why such juvenile and inept behavior is now allowed on the forum, is one of the main reasons that some have either limited their existing here or stopped logging in all to together.

:mad:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo
This CRT forum was founded to talk about the underground cards. Steve has promised to keep it raster free.:) Tom W. is the biggest supporter at this time. He has provided a buying and selling area as well.

Ericglo

Yep this was the site I was referring too. Now if I could only remember my username and PW...:).

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
freshmale.

It's still the smaller the better. 96 x 54 works very well. If you want to go larget than consider a Torus. I run a 106 x 60 torus and it is very bright.

Terry

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.