AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for an inexpensive wall mounted faceplate (small sized) for banana plugs? I was going to use a standard size single gang faceplate like ONQ with the pair of banana AnyPort inserts - but they are so big. I don't want to cut such a large hole in the wall or have 5 big faceplates staring at me. They only need to connect one speaker per faceplate. Are there any smaller offset faceplates that fit on the outside of the wall and only require a small hole for the wires to pass through? Haven't seen any yet...

Thanks,

Marshall

·
Registered
108 Posts
The best density one I've found is made by Sonance which is a Leviton "Decora" insert that holds 8 binding post/bananna jack terminals

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I plan on using on the amplifier side, but I'm looking for smaller individual wallplates for the speaker side. One plate for each speaker location.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm not sure if this is what you want, but i've used a couple of surface mounted 2 port boxes, that are about the size of a surface mount phone jack. they have 2 ports for the quickport style connectors. i got them at home depot.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that might be just the ticket - I'll check them out and see if they can accept the ONQ anyport inserts

Thanks,

Marshall

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if the onQ anyports don't fit (but they probably will) leviton quickport series binding posts will accept banana jacks (maybe even the cheaper ones too).

I use em in my living room....work great - accepts 12gu wire even.

rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.