AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
In a city of this size, of course.

I assume you're speaking of specialty audio stores. Here are a few of the more prominent ones-

Sound Plus ( www.soundplus.ca )

SoundRoom ( www.soundroom.ca )

Hi Fi centre ( www.hificentre.com )

Commercial Electronics ( www.commercialelectronics.ca )

If you're looking for DIY I think speaker city ( www.speakercity.ca ) carries DIY stuff - though I've never been there.

Forgot to add:

London Drugs carries Klipsch.

A&B carries Totem and Energy.

Hardcore 2-ch:

Signature Audio.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. I'll check out some of the stores that you have listed there. Btw is there a good brand or nice sets of speakers that are less than $1000 CAD, preferably a 5.1 setup. The rest of the money will go toward the receiver.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
Thanks for the links. I'll check out some of the stores that you have listed there. Btw is there a good brand or nice sets of speakers that are less than $1000 CAD, preferably a 5.1 setup. The rest of the money will go toward the receiver.

You should be able to get a full set of Athena Audition speakers for less than 1000.00

·
Registered
237 Posts
Honestly if you're looking for 5.1, sub included, for $1k ... I wouldn't go to any of those independent stores - they generally go higher up the speaker foodchain.

You can comfortably get something like Energy Take 5.1 from A&B for

·
Registered
402 Posts
For $1k you're better off buying used than new; auditioning is a lot more critical in the >$1k range. Check www.canuckaudiomart.com.

Audiogon.com is also an option, although many sellers only ship inside the US. If you're ready to buy, though, lots of them will make an exception. The prices are typically so much cheaper that even after shipping, GST, PST, brokerage it's still cheaper than buying in Canada. For instance, someone's selling a Rocket ELT package on there (with a Denon AVR-1804 - decent entry-level receiver) for US$800. After exchange, shipping, tax, it'd probably be ~CDN$1350. Hard to beat that in Canada.

edaly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.