AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a friend over with his X-box and we played split screen Halo (team play) on my 106" sceen. I was wondering if there were any PC games that did something like this.

All I could think of was Need For Speed IV, V which was just racing against each other. I am looking for a team game, Widescreen, and DD 5.1 or better.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, yes and no. Any EA sport game has multiplayer on the same screen. So just plug in two game pads, chose your favorite sporting team and play away. Other than that, the only game I have seen that actually incorporates split screen is Serious Sam SE. And take my word on this, if you want to play through one of the craziest jib fest, bad guy gauntlet, endless enemy shoot em up, then that game is about the craziest you will EVER see! I played it Co-op with 5 of my friends and it was like nothing I had ever seen before...un-b-leave-a-ble!!! Anyways...that's all folks

Oh, and you won't find DD 5.1 on any PC games...they haven't progressed to that yet...you can only do that through DD emulation on the Nforce 2 chipset.

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
669 Posts
i second serious sam, great on xbox and on pc!

although for some reason there is no "rumble" gamepad feature on the xbox version, but if you have a ifeel compatible mouse or controller, the pc version has rumble.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
338 Posts
CardiacArrest--

If you are talking about Serious Sam, I didn't. There is a Co-op version for the multiplayer version. So if you can get together at a LAN party of get some guys together online, you can play up to (I think) at least 8 players on the PC and you play through the game as a team. It's super fun! And psychotic! After playing Co-op through the entire game and finishing it I don't think I could every play it again. Probably the crazyiest gaming experience I have ever witnessed!!

But there is a split screen version of multiplayer in Serious Sam also, and I am not sure how many it supports...possibly only two.

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
645 Posts
"Recently I had a friend over with his X-box and we played split screen Halo (team play) on my 106" sceen. I was wondering if there were any PC games that did something like this. "

I was talking about Halo, but I think you meant the co-op, which is fine -- best part about the game IMO, although I'm looking forward to the the 4-player splitscreen co-op in Brute Force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.