AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for fronts L&R that would be a close match for these Alphas.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Boots

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you can't find matching Alpha bookshelves or towers then anything from the Beta or IL series should work well. The Primus series seems to be quite a bit brighter then the Beta's/IL's (I've never owned the Alpha's).

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I suggest that you get a matching set of front and center speakers from Focal, PSB, KEF, or Monitor Audio.

The Infinity Alpha speakers are not made anymore and never were very good speakers; you can do much better.

You can probably get by with the surrounds you have for now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353  /t/1525368/any-suggestions-on-timbr...center-and-alpha-25es-surrounds#post_24567175

If you can't find matching Alpha bookshelves or towers then anything from the Beta or IL series should work well. The Primus series seems to be quite a bit brighter then the Beta's/IL's (I've never owned the Alpha's).
Thanks, I've been looking they are a little tuff to come by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1525368/any-suggestions-on-timbr...center-and-alpha-25es-surrounds#post_24567256

I suggest that you get a matching set of front and center speakers from Focal, PSB, KEF, or Monitor Audio.

The Infinity Alpha speakers are not made anymore and never were very good speakers; you can do much better.

You can probably get by with the surrounds you have for now.
Thought of this as well. Keep the surrounds replace the front 3. What about using the center for a rear, make it 6.3 setup?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had some Alpha 20s once that sounded fine. European. Quite nice. I'd keep the 37c center because it's almost identical to my IL36c center. The 25 surround is an Infinity Classic speaker. Keep! Then look for Betas or Interludes as mentioned above. Beta 40s or 50s or IL 40s would be best. plhart, designer of the Betas, posts here often. The Alphas, Betas, and Interludes all use CMMD drivers. They all were designed in SOTA facilities.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Don't know how close you are to Kansas City MS but there are some IL40's,36c and IL10's on craigslist for $400. And a pair of gorgeous Infinity Kappa 600's for $600. I'd love to have those.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353  /t/1525368/any-suggestions-on-timbr...center-and-alpha-25es-surrounds#post_24569929

Don't know how close you are to Kansas City MS but there are some IL40's,36c and IL10's on craigslist for $400. And a pair of gorgeous Infinity Kappa 600's for $600. I'd love to have those.

Thank you sir. I went and picked these up this morning

They are in excellent condition for their age. I now have enough speakers to go with a 7 channel set up now. Looking forward to seeing how all this sounds.

Thanks for the help from everyone. I never would have looked at the IL series.

Any thoughts on IL36c compared to the Alpha37c?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I would stick with the IL36C just because it designed to go with the IL40's and IL10's. The 25es's should work fine with the IL's as surrounds. You can always try and sell the Alpha center but it might be a bit difficult since I'm sure Alpha's are getting somewhat rare these days.

I'm still drooling over those Kappa 600's. They were made in Denmark and designed for the European market.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I wish I could but besides having way too much stuff already I'm trying to put together an MB Quart Vera setup. Plus, finding the matching Kappa center and surrounds would be even tougher then finding matching Alpha's! But the 600's are in a completely different league then the Alpha's, IL's and Beta's. Or so I've heard.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the IL's. The IL40 is supposed to be an excellent speaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts