AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal. Myself and a group of my friends are attending the NASCAR race at Dover the last weekend in September. We are taking 3 RV's, a trailer, etc...basically doing the whole tailgate thing to the max. We had/have an idea to show movies on the side of one of the RV's every night and obviously we're going to need a projector to do this however we are all idiots when it comes to the technology field. Can someone out there recommend a decent projector that will accomplish this task and not break the bank? We will be using a sheet as the screen I would guess and there will be some light around but most, if not all, of the viewing will be at night. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Tre' - Lot # 10 - Dover International Speedway

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Break the bank as in under $2000? Under $1000?

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Infocus 4805, Optoma H27/H31 are quite popular. The infocus x1/4800 is a little older and cheaper and it should work ok also.

I'd try to fork out the $1500 or so for the Optoma MovieTime that just came out, which seems perfect for your situation. Projector, dvd player, and builtin speaker all in one with what seems to have a great picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.