AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching, and reading posts on Whole House Audio systems. I'm looking for a 12-zone system, which I can program myself.

I can't program an Elan or Crestron (and their too expensive). I've read much about Russound & Niles, but the "B&K CT-610 multi-zone receiver" with the "B&K CK-1.2 LCD keypads" sounds like it would do exactly what I need.

This receiver has 55watts/channel, dual tuners, RS-232, 9 inputs, and 6 stereo outputs (I would need 2).

The LCD keypads are PC programmable with included software, multi-zone & multi-source programmable, IR pass-through, and list for $350 ea.

I've only found 1 post regarding this product. Any other thoughts???

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have had a ct610 for about a year now. It is truly an amazing piece of equipment. I actually think its more advanced and involved than my avr307. Each zone also has a dedicated input besides the 9 global sources. Each zone can be configured mono as well for up to 12 zones. Multiple keypads can be used for each zone. Eventually there will be an RF remote available. The programming software is extensive. The ct610 also has triggers to control other devices with macros like doorbell and camera functions. An amazing work of engineering, way kick ass IMO! They also just came out with a ct600. It has a different face plate. I dont know any of the other differences tho.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Looks like a fantastic piece of equipment. I have a Niles 4630 for whole house audio but now that all of these companies came out with audio and video units I'm thinking of getting one and the B&K may be it.

How does it handle same brand components? I have 3 Dishnetwork satellite receivers and the problem is always controlling them by remote. Do the IR signals get routed ONLY to the selected source?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, I had my heart set on the new Niles 8630, but the new B&K CT600 is a tough competitor. As far as I know the niles has a hard wire repeater back to the indivdual unit. I will have 3 sat rec., DVD, CD and my computer hooked up to whatever I get.

J-dubb

·
Registered
735 Posts
It is new, just do a google search for it. A few sites will come up, it was at the recent CES.

J-dubb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right! The CT600 seems to be exactly what I need. I still don't understand my more members aren't talking about B&K (positive or negative comments).

Their price is very competitive, it's a multi-source -- multi-zone digital unit, fully programmable, lots of power. B&K is a well regarded company, am I wrong?

Now it's time to pick the ceiling speakers! Niles, Paradigm, etc. etc.... Any thoughts??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.