AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 60,0000 I need to hear some thoughts.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
What new Qualia projector?

60000 what dollars?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
CINERMAX

I only saw prices for lenses and boards for srx-r105.

Perhaps the orginal poster can clear the confusion. The digital cinema projector is not a part of the Qualia line.

J.Mike Ferrarra

Strange post from you since you know you have an excellent picture. I could see them do a few things for a R2

1 1080p

2 new sophisticated DI beyond hs51

3 something like a wm calibration out of the box

It will be interesting to read your comments when your Qualia has been wm:ed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey sorry for the confusion, I was at magnolia and they have the projector with lense for 60,000 bucks. I was like holy cow. I dont know what or how many models there are but I will double check for everyone

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
You will have to specify which projector you are talking about because

1) it's not actually the Qualia 004 which is what I assumed when I read the title of the thread

or

2) Magnolia is ridiculously overcharging MSRP by twice.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I don´t think you can get srx-r105 with the lens for 60k$ without the lense I can belive the price tag. The lens is something like 18k$. Also I am surprised that a 4k is at a dealer "already".

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will double check for everyone on monday, and let you know

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Wow - it's insane to spend the $$$ for the 004 (HELP, I'm insane), but who needs this kind of 'horsepower' in a private home?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Quote:
Wow - it's insane to spend the $$$ for the 004 (HELP, I'm insane), but who needs this kind of 'horsepower' in a private home?
crackheads?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats what I said cause I asked is this really 60,000 and they said yeah with the lense.

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
A 4k projector would be useful for 2.35:1 constant height setups using 1920x1080 sources. It would allow one to keep the horizontal anamoprhic stretch lens permanently in place. All sources could then be scaled up to the correct resolution for stretching with no loss of image resolution. Right now, if you use a 2k panel you have to squash the image prior to stretching with the resultant loss of resolution.

This assumes there are scalers capable of doing the work and with the necessary interfaces to connect to the projector.

Presumably the projector has some nice features required for Digital CInema which would also benefit the home user. (CineBlack, constant light output etc)

Mark

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
the $ 60.000 ($80.000 the big one)was a old price that sony tell

almost 1 year ago.

at that time it was only the pr. not with lens.

lens that time is almost $20000.

sony have not release any official price till today from all what i know.

as soon they have it for sale i will get a demo in my cinema.

sony just tell me

last week that they will give me the demo end of september beginning october.

please help me i am also insane.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I went to InFocomm 2005 and saw the srx-110 in the large Venus area with SGi Prisim and SGI will be OEM the Projector

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.