Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some good info here

http://www.epinions.com/content_62198091396

I am looking to use this TV mainly for HD Xbox Gaming, DVD's, getting digital cable this weekend, and will have HD through comcast by fall.

I currently have a older 60" 4:3 Toshiba i am phasing out and jumping into the 16x9 world.

I am able to get a excellent deal on this or the Toshiba hx81 line. I have read a lot about some out of the box toshiba problems, and have seen a few about the sony with some ghosting issues, but it does not seem as many as the toshiba.

A big thing for me is the split screen of Sony, i really like the idea of being able to split it and resize the windows. So watching 2 football games or playing xbox and watching tv can happen at the same time.

I am thinking i can get the TV for around $2200 from a authorized dealer, i can get the 51hw40 for $1870, but want the 57 need to check the price tomorrow.

So basically just looking for some more feedback on the set, i plan to have a isf tech come out about 2 months after no matter what i buy.

Thanks !

**EDIT** Also could someone explain a little more about the drc on the set please?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the advice !

I searched old threads and read them, just was asking what people were thinking of the set that had it for awhile now. 68 views and not one response? Does not seem for a very warm community here. Yes its a question that probably has been asked a lot, but on other message boards i frequent i try to help new comers out instead of "use the search feature newb" reply.

I even linked to a excellent review of it i found, i was just looking for more real world people's experience with the TV.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've seen this set. In one location (Ultimate Electronics) is looked blurry and the colors were faded. At another location (Showcase Home Theater, owned by Tweeter) it looked fantastic, thought it was the second best set after the Pioneer Elite.

There are great deals on the Sony xxxx40 because the new sets will be out soon, xxWVyyy. The new Sony's will include DVI or Firewire, Sony calls it iLink. May or may not be important depending on how you see the 5C/Copy protection thing going. Also Sony is going to give the user limited control over how the scaler does it upconversion. There is a forum at the *************** that specializes in things Sony. I thing they may be closed today for remodeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.