AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my S2 last night – even though it is a refurb. unit, it looks almost like new. Hey and it’s usually dark in my HT room anyway :D.

I am upgrading from my trusty Infocus LS110 (which is now for sale if anybody is interested…). I have been using pretty much exclusively a HTPC via DVI as source, for DVD (mainly) and reg. TV (occasionally). I also just got a MDP-120 HDTV card with DVI daughter card.

Last night I already put my PJ up. I modified my existing ceiling mount by making an adapter plate. It’s now pointing to a 110†16:9 Firehawk in a fairly well light controlled environment.

I am looking for any tips/hints/comments/recommendations as a new S2 owner. I already did a search here but I am “hungry†for more.

I also posted a timing question for DVI input over in the HTPC forum…. Click here .

Thanks!

______

Axel

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Axel,

Welcome to the S2 club! There's not too many tweeks to do. The only thing I can recommend is to use the DVI and RGB and forget the component inputs. I can't wait to get the Dish 921 with DVI out for my Sat/off-air HD.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks santella!

I agree, I said good bye to component already a year and a half ago when got rid of my 36†TV with STB DVD and started this hobby. I have been using HTPC with DVI since then – never looked back.

However, even though I always strive for the best PQ possible I seem to have accepted that I still use an old VCR tuner connected via composite to my PJ. Hmm, I guess that’s because the image will looks crappy either way and because I barely use it….

____

Axel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.