AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there's something wrong with the TV...

I noticed that (i think for the 1st time) my Toshiba 34HFX83 is starting to have a red (and some green hint I think) hint when my TV displays a blank white picture. You won't notice those hints at glance, but you can easily see it when you focus on it (especially when I pause at a blank white picture when watching DVD.) That kind of turns me off when I watch TV alone at night with no lights

I wish I can post a picture of that scenario with my camera but it's a bit too distorted. I get like black bars when I view the digicamera on my PC.

I've heard of "color push" on some CRT HDTVs like Sony CRTs, and I think I'm having this problem. Can "color push" be totally eliminated once The TV is professionally calibrated?

(Hello btw, this is my 1st post
)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my settings btw...

this has been my picture setting since 2004.

Picture:

Mode - Movie

Contrast - 55/100

Brightness - 55/100

Color - 50/100

Tint - 0 (neutral)

Sharpness - 50/100

Flesh Tone - OFF

DNR - OFF

SVM - OFF

Color Temperature - Warm

Display Format - 1080i

oh btw, does Best Buy calibrators (still) know how to properly calibrate my ancient Hi def CRTs such as my toshiba? I seem to get an impression that Best Buy calibrators can only work with the latest LCDs and Plasmas HDTVs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Setting color temperature to Warm can cause a perceivable red tint to some people. Try setting it to Normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts