AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together a HTPC and everything works well expect the sound. I am using an Audigy Gamer soundcard with the latest drivers from Creative for WinXP. I cannot get the spdif or digital out to work at all. I am using Power DVD XP 4.0 with the latest patch also. I went to Radio Shack and bought a mono rca to miniplug converter. I plugged a rca cable into that and then to my receiver and I have no sound. I checked "digital out only" in the Audigy settings and unchecked AC-3 decode. I also have Power DVD set to spdif out. I also am using a Radeon AIW 7500 video card. I just installed the video drivers and the WDM drivers for the card. I disabled the ATI sound out thinking it may be confliction with the Audigy, but it didn't help. Any suggestions? I am about ready to go to Best Buy and buy a $30.00 Philips sound card that has a built in coax digital out. I never did like Creative's cards.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
523 Posts
I used to use an Audigy (version 1) on my HTPC. I had a terrible time getting it to output digital in XP. I believe I finally got it to work by disabling the firewire port that is on the Audigy card. Also make sure that you have your chosen DVD Player/Filters set to SPDIF out.

I finally got so frustrated with the Audigy that I switched to a motherboard that had onboard audio (Soyo Dragon Plus) from CAudio. Since I use ONLY SPDIF output you can't really hear the difference.

Hope this helps!

-Alex-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.