AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not interested in the comments by the guys who've "seen it in a showroom". Have any owners out there returned it or noticed any glitches?

hjackson

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I love my HT300, and I think you will find that the others around here who own it love it also.

No projector is perfect, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but this one has far motre strengths.

-- Cain

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi hjackson,

Like may friend Cain, I love the HT300 and have had zero issues with it since I bought it in December 2001. Colours are rich and CRT-like, de-interlacing via Faroudja, images are sharp and clear via component and RGB,(HTPC input via VGA if you wish), shadow detail is excellent, sealed optics and 6000hr lamp life etc etc. In my (admittedly biased view) it is one class act and I am constantly amazed by the threads comparing Marantz, Sharp Z9000 ect with little or no mention of the HT300. My feeling is that it is one of the lesser sung hero's of this forum although fortunately that is beginning to change. I would strongly recommend a demo from a knowledgeable dealer. Good luck,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
How could anyone be unhappy knowing after your purchase your projector will be even better 3 months from now because of their continued free software upgrades. If there is the slightest glitch rest assured it will get fixed without you having to send in your projector as well as new features being added.

No other manufacture has taken this approach. All other brands have well documented issues as well and the seleco 300 is currently glitch free. Its perfect in my book.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Add myself to the list of happy HT300 owners. So far, all issues have been addressed via software updates. Which other HD1 DLPs can make that claim? ......... Uhhhhh none.

Say no more.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The silence can either be because nobody has it, or because nobody has real problems with it. With upgradable software (I'm soooo jealous), it should reduce issues anyone would have. (Love my 9000 though anyway.)

-Step

·
Registered
683 Posts
When polled, owners of Mercedes give their cars the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the auto industry. Is this because Mercedes makes the best cars, or the owners don't want to admit they spent $100k on a car that has even a single problem? :)

That being said, IMHO Sim2/Seleco makes very good products that most people would be very happy with. And their upgrade path should be a model for all manufacturers.

If you can afford $13k for a projector, the HT300 should rock your world!!

Happy viewing. Reed.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Since this thread is for determining if anyone has had any problems with their HT300, I must say that mine is on its way back for repair.

The problem is a bad DMD a mirror stuck in the off position dead center of the screen.

This does appear to be a problem from the chip manufacturer and not Seleco, and I have to give Seleco the benefit of the doubt that when the projector left the factory the mirror was fine. Probably something happened somewhere between Italy and my house :(

Other than that , I wouldn't dream of sending the projector back because of the picture quality, it is absolutely stunning.

I sent the projector back to Seleco 2day air and hope that they will get it back to me as soon as possible because I really miss it :(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Doesn't Seleco have a loaner program while they repair your unit?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
thaxx, I haven't heard about that but I sure hope it doesn't take that long to swap out a DMD and send it back to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Free,

The HT300 is on my short list of projectors to purchase for a new home theater. I would be VERY interested to hear what happens with your warrantee repair. I don't expect any product to have a 100% defect free record, but how a company handles problems is going to be an important factor in determining my projector choice.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cain -

I wasn't able to afford an $11K projector. :D

Free -

Sorry to hear about your projector. It sounds like Seleco is taking care of you, though. If they don't, be sure and let us know. We all have an interest in this.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Free,

if you like, give me your personal info and maybe I could help you somehow. Being Italian and knowing various people in Pordenone could be of same help... or maybe they could be scared from press? ;) ;) ;)

I know they strive to have the best image as an high quality firm, so knowing you're participating to a so wide known and respected audience will improve their speed... I personally know what it means being without one's "son"! :p :p :p

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Andrea, thanks for the offer, but for now I think I will trust that Seleco will take care of me without any extra pressure.

I also know that if I run into any problems, Alan will help me out :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had an input board problem. It was something to do with the RI2 interface.

Sent it back and it got fixed in about a week, also came back with newer software. Otherwise all well here.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Phil

Seleco is replacing your unit. We shipped it out today via DHL red.

You will have it tomorrow.

Selecos service record speaks for itself:)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Holy Cow!

Now that is service :)

Thanks Alan!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.