AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
New hdmi version. New bugs. Same promise for potential that will never be realized before all the bugs are worked out. Newer version of HDMI will be in the works before they even begin to get this version in working order. The cycle continues. Rinse and repeat.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddelts /forum/post/18283551

New hdmi version. New bugs. Same promise for potential that will never be realized before all the bugs are worked out. Newer version of HDMI will be in the works before they even begin to get this version in working order. The cycle continues. Rinse and repeat.

If I learned anything, is that you have the better chance of a bug free unit if it can be user friendly updated. And another thing don't be the first one to get something just released to market, it pays to wait for lower pricing and to see what bugs may show up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulims /forum/post/18284620

They already have one model listed their website.

Really? I will have to go back and check I didn't notice it in any of the the mid-high end models I was looking at.

Just moved and looking into all new equipment, first being one of pannys new 3D plasmas, so HDMI 1.4 is a must.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
All the new models coming out this summer will be 1.4, hdmi 1.4 is mostly the use of some new chips that need to be in place. Even some of the older models might be fine. Also hdmi 1.4 (see other threads) should not be something that is 'has to have' at this stage.

Daniel.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielo /forum/post/18286033

All the new models coming out this summer will be 1.4, hdmi 1.4 is mostly the use of some new chips that need to be in place. Even some of the older models might be fine. Also hdmi 1.4 (see other threads) should not be something that is 'has to have' at this stage.

Daniel.

It is if you want to be able to easily hook up your 3-D capable TV with just one HDMI Cable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dont forget the SIZE of the 1.4 plug-in has changed. The new 1.4 is different from the 1.3 stuff.

You will have to change everything that you plug in if you go to 1.4 receiver. New TV will be in order also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe....I read an article that said they were different , but I looked at some cable seller sites and they dont mention them being different...so I will hold what Ive just said....sorry about that.

Need to do some more research I guess.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricko /forum/post/18325226

Dont forget the SIZE of the 1.4 plug-in has changed. The new 1.4 is different from the 1.3 stuff.

You will have to change everything that you plug in if you go to 1.4 receiver. New TV will be in order also.

How convenient.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricko /forum/post/18325226

Incorrect..

They do have a new HDMI micro connector for cell phones..

Here is a lift from their website..

HDMI Micro Connector

In addition to the three connector types already defined in previous versions of the HDMI standard, the HDMI 1.4 specification introduces a new "Type D" connector designed for cell phones, pocket cameras, and other portable devices where space is at a premium. Roughly the size of a Micro USB connector, it packs all the power and functionality of an HDMI link into a tiny form factor. Featuring a full nineteen-pin array like other HDMI connectors, the HDMI Micro Connector can handle video signals up to 1080p, bringing state-of-the-art HD resolutions to the realm of handheld devices. This new connector is approximately 50% smaller than the size of the existing HDMI Mini Connector.

In addition there are new HDMI cables that are designed for high speed and ethernet, new features in 1.4.

Just my $0.01...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts